Adaptive Headlight Recall Update

Just to remain consistent with my posts with a status update pertaining to this R18 Delivery Stop. I called the dealer on Friday just as I do every start of the month since I purchased my bike that is still on delivery Stop. the dealer was very polite as they always are, however this time they said the fix is now potentially arriving in August. Ugh. Another Month tacked on. before you know it the summer is over and no enjoying this bike.

Thanks so much for the update. It's frustrating and bewildering to not have heard an official announcement from BMW. I had to pull the trigger and order a new Corbin saddle for my 2019 K1600 GA (the stock saddle is going up for sale). It's getting too close for a cross country trip the second half of June to wait on whether my stop-sale R1800 TC will be freed up to make the trip. Fortunately, the Grand America is stellar and an abundantly capable steed for the trip.
Screenshot_20220923_190733.jpg

Just to remain consistent with my posts with a status update pertaining to this R18 Delivery Stop. I called the dealer on Friday just as I do every start of the month since I purchased my bike that is still on delivery Stop. the dealer was very polite as they always are, however this time they said the fix is now potentially arriving in August. Ugh. Another Month tacked on. before you know it the summer is over and no enjoying this bike.
Listen, I love my R18b but this bike is not that cool to lose an entire season of riding over. I’d get your money back and buy something else. My dealer has not heard of any updates so August might be wishful thinking by your dealer. Yours has more of a reason to fib as they don’t want you backing out of a sale. But who knows.

Back