Central New England Anyone? Crickets?

Nefiawy

Site Supporter
Hi forum,

I live in Eastern CT along the I-395 corridor. Havent seen a single R18 here. I admit its Harley country, but still, no one?

1714508324627.gif

I went to Friday the 13th Port Dover event In Ontario last year and saw ONE other R18 in the midst of thousands of bikes. Too bad the owner wasnt around. We be a rare breed.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, and it is always good to have a rider buddy, I kinda like the uniqueness’s and exclusivity of the bike.
I am yet to see another R18 of any variant at the same time as I am riding. The only time I saw 3 R18 together and I was one of the riders, was last year on a small ride the dealership organised.

I live in Holden Massachusetts, which is in the center of the state. I bought a Transcontinental last summer so my fiancé of 7 1/2 years and I could ride together. I managed to tear ligaments in my wrist after owning it a week (It was going over at a standstill and I caught it. Dumb move.) so the bike went away for the remainder of last year as I healed up.

Near the end of April my fiancé passed away unexpectedly. She was 52 years young, a wonderful person and the love of my life. We never did get a chance to take a ride on the TC. Life is now finally starting to calm down and my wrist is a lot better. I’m up for a ride so give me a shout.

I’m also not finding the stock seat as comfortable as I thought it would be so I’m considering a Corbin or a Russell Day-Long seat to replace it. If you have one for sale or know of one that’s available please let me know

Thanks.

Tom

Hi Tom!
Great to hear from you!
If you are around, please join us for an R18 meet up tomorrow 05/26 at 9am at the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret, CT
450 Deerfield Rd, Pomfret, CT
Should not be too far from Holden, MA

Hi Nefiawy,

I would love to go, but I have some prior commitments that day because of the holiday weekend. I would love to join you the next time you meet if possible, so please keep me in mind and let me know. It looks like about an hour drive from my location, so it’s not that bad and I’m sure we can meet up.

Thanks,

Tom

Back