What did you do to your R18 today?

Well this afternoon I took my flapper servo off and while I was under there grubbing about decided to lockwire them open, the springs on both seemed fine, quite strong and the full range of movement on both flappers was smooth, nothing to suggest anything untoward going on inside the pipe. I lockwired because I don’t know whether they would ‘flutter’ at all especially on full throttle so thought……may as well. I’m just waiting on my (2) Healtech modules to arrive in the post. Then I will MacGyver something to hang the modules on and tie them securely out of harms way.

Tell you what from day one I’ve been very impressed with the build on this bike, and whilst looking under the belly of it I can see all the frame welding is lovely underneath with no splatter or rough bits and let’s be honest no one is ever going to see any of this. So too the frame paint, thick, glossy and all the wires neatly tucked away. Will update when the modules are fitted and fingers crossed no issues 👍

View attachment 14439View attachment 14440
I just unhooked the cables and put the black covers back on. No issues. Servo buddies not needed. (FYI for anyone out there who doesn't want to remove flappers).

Back