1st year mileage 2021 R18C

• Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 939

I've had my bike 1year now and have zero issues or problems.Just got back from 3500 mile trip with elevation over 10,000 to 500 and seashore.Temps from 55 in Washington and Oregon and 111 in Palm Springs.Gas was used was 87 to 92(95% of the time) and the bike ran fine.Actually the station that I got the 87 was in nowheresville,LOL!Bike ran flawlessly.I did get a slight ping after filling up with 91 later that day.Go figure.The bike adjusts wiithin a minute and gets back to normal running.
I have experienced the brand of gas quality can vary and just depends on how fresh the gas is and the many blends that are out there.I don't want to turn this intop a gasoline poll but do a map search on gasoline blending.Some states have a bunch ,some have different blends in the same county.Anyway I wanted to mention the only teeny issue I have experienced and the bike fixes itself.Wide Band O2s(y)

68161055040__A4295B54-4193-4E2F-81D7-1CB25BDF6EF0.jpg
The gray/black cord is the phone charger

IMG_0487.jpg

Btw, if I did not ask prior…what front fender is that please and do you like how it functions?
It is a DK designs.I stole it from a guy that didn't like it.I gave hime what he asked for it and sent him another $50 so,I got it for about 1/2 price.In my opinion,DK is over priced and I bought a skid plate on aliexpress for aboy 1/3 of DKs price.Same thickness and hardware.
The fender really needs metal support bracing as it does vibe at lower rpms.I will probably put some aluminum strips on it later.It is very thick composite and made well.
Aliexpress has em painted and cheaper.They look the same to me but I can't say if it is the same or not.

I've had my bike 1year now and have zero issues or problems.Just got back from 3500 mile trip with elevation over 10,000 to 500 and seashore.Temps from 55 in Washington and Oregon and 111 in Palm Springs.Gas was used was 87 to 92(95% of the time) and the bike ran fine.Actually the station that I got the 87 was in nowheresville,LOL!Bike ran flawlessly.I did get a slight ping after filling up with 91 later that day.Go figure.The bike adjusts wiithin a minute and gets back to normal running.
I have experienced the brand of gas quality can vary and just depends on how fresh the gas is and the many blends that are out there.I don't want to turn this intop a gasoline poll but do a map search on gasoline blending.Some states have a bunch ,some have different blends in the same county.Anyway I wanted to mention the only teeny issue I have experienced and the bike fixes itself.Wide Band O2s(y)

View attachment 6460
The gray/black cord is the phone charger

View attachment 6461
Do you have the BT? They recommend, or the timing is advanced to take advantage of, 92 octane fuel. Shell 92 per BT. I believe there are knock sensors that take care of running less than optimum fuel.

Do you have the BT? They recommend, or the timing is advanced to take advantage of, 92 octane fuel. Shell 92 per BT. I believe there are knock sensors that take care of running less than optimum fuel.
Yeah,BT tune.

I am NOT complaining.The bike runs awesome and did a little ping a slight amount after stopping in the heat to fill up.The engine temp goes up when I stop.It adjusts itself fine.I talked to BT they said 91 is fine.btw,only 90 octane in most of Texas.
Like I said before,I cound not make the bike ping on the 87 at the little above ground tank.
The tune is fine,the bike corrects.In my expirerence fuel brand is meaningless.
I worked at a Ashland station while in high school.The gas truck would fill our tanks then go across the street to fill Phillips 66.
We don't have any 92 here,91 thats it.

To clarify,OPERATIVE WORD:teeny
there are no issues

Funny,I am getting a little forgetful.Do you remember where you got your discount code for the BT tune?😇

Back