3 hours with rain mode

So I was traveling back for my in-laws yesterday and it decided to rain. 🌧️ And by rain I mean poured for 3 hours straight. This is the first time I really had the opportunity to use rain mode on my bike, and I must say I really appreciate it and it does its job extremely well. I appreciated the motorcycle keeping me in check with everything this spring storm was throwing at me. I certainly don't want to ride like this every day but I was happy with the way "Parton" handled all things considered.
Till next time

Attachments

• received_1867517556945881~2.jpeg
    received_1867517556945881~2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
So I was traveling back for my in-laws yesterday and it decided to rain. 🌧️ And by rain I mean poured for 3 hours straight. This is the first time I really had the opportunity to use rain mode on my bike, and I must say I really appreciate it and it does its job extremely well. I appreciated the motorcycle keeping me in check with everything this spring storm was throwing at me. I certainly don't want to ride like this every day but I was happy with the way "Parton" handled all things considered.
Till next time
Im am most interested to know what was your gear for rain and if the OEM bags are waterproof... LOL

Im am most interested to know what was your gear for rain and if the OEM bags are waterproof... LOL
Hey man,
I normally use rain gear that I bought off Amazon, but I left it at home because it wasn't supposed to rain. So I ended up using a pair of splash pants and an Eddie Bauer wind poncho over top of my leather jacket. I definitely got wet!
The OEM bags actually did a good job of keeping my gear dry. That's because each one comes with an internal dry bag that you actually put your items into. These dry bags are nylon ones, not the sealed high quality ones, but they did work and my gear stayed dry. The inside of the OEM bags were definitely damp but my clothes were completely dry inside the bags.

I had the same conditions for 3 hours today. Torrent rain. Was in the "Roll" mode - no problems at all. The bike was stable both at 70 mph and on roundabouts. Huge difference from Road King Special. This bike is an engineering gem.

Large Garbage bags, work very well for keeping things dry. I put everything in a trash bag wrap tightly, and put in any bags on the seat or in panniers. Dry as can be, and doesnt take up a lot of room!
Phone holder area is another story, extremely damp in there, yet BMW expects you to put an unprotected phone in there? NOT

Hey man,
I normally use rain gear that I bought off Amazon, but I left it at home because it wasn't supposed to rain. So I ended up using a pair of splash pants and an Eddie Bauer wind poncho over top of my leather jacket. I definitely got wet!
The OEM bags actually did a good job of keeping my gear dry. That's because each one comes with an internal dry bag that you actually put your items into. These dry bags are nylon ones, not the sealed high quality ones, but they did work and my gear stayed dry. The inside of the OEM bags were definitely damp but my clothes were completely dry inside the bags.

I have the same side bag and moisture got into the bag, but only in one specific area, probably through a hole for one of the mounting bracket screws. Was your bag wet all around or in a specific areas?

I have the same side bag and moisture got into the bag, but only in one specific area, probably through a hole for one of the mounting bracket screws. Was your bag wet all around or in a specific areas?
To be honest I really just noticed it in the bottom of the bag. Getting through the mounting bracket holes makes a lot of sense though

Back