Adding a TFT to a Roctane

LPP

Hi, has anyone retrofitted a TFT screen to a Roctane? Could it be done. I like the bike a lot but I think it’s missing some connectivity features.

Have not heard this idea before in the forum to be honest. Are you talking about a small TFT from an aftermarket place? I think if you go ahead, it should be something minimalistic in order not to interfere with the looks of the bike but this is my own personal opinion.

Have not heard this idea before in the forum to be honest. Are you talking about a small TFT from an aftermarket place? I think if you go ahead, it should be something minimalistic in order not to interfere with the looks of the bike but this is my own personal opinion.
Agreed.. maybe something minimal that holds your phone in a place where you can use it for navigation purposes and perhaps stream music within your helmet. I love the look of the ROCTANE.. I'm older now, so the model B is my speed at this point in life; but if younger... ROCTANE all the way..

I was thinking like the TFT of the GS. It’s small enough that you could put it between the handle bars and still look like it’s your phone. I was thinking original BMW parts.

Something like that but I would like the original TFT screen so that I could interact with the app and my smart glasses

I was thinking like the TFT of the GS. It’s small enough that you could put it between the handle bars and still look like it’s your phone. I was thinking original BMW parts.
If you're only looking for Nav and music - go for something better than the god-awful BMW Connected. It is the only thing on my bike that I truly hate. It's crapped out on me on several pre-planned roadtrips, forcing me to pull-over and restart the bike and the app (which doesn't always work), or pull out Google or Apple Maps. I even bought an older Samsung for it's supposedly more stable connection to Connected, and it was just as flakey as my iPhone.

If you're looking for all the features of the BMW TFT, (Tach, speedo, trip calc, etc), it might be worth it to you if you can figure out the interface with the bike, but I still wouldn't recommend it.

Back