Any R18 Exhaust Flapper Valve issues?

In the history of the world, nothing was ever improved with that attitude.
I have to disagree here It is not an attitude, I love tinkering with things just like everyone else but i wont be messing about with things that BMW spend millions in the development of for their motorcycles and cars. They are there for a reason, torque curves, noise control etc. and are beyond the scope for the majority of us to understand what there actual function is.
All it takes is one video or someone to say something bad and we all jump on the band wagon to say how ineffective they are without actually understanding the reasons and scope of what these valves do.
I also get people have problems with them seizing etc. and i feel your pain. I also understand that everything has a design life and no two things are ever the same but that is the way of life and and this can be very frustrating especially when we spend our good hard earned money on our motorcycles, some of us life to a ripe old age and some of us don’t for absolutely no reason that science can determine and the same applies to this scenario here.

Again,
Mine are staying on and if they seize after the warranty I will weigh out my options then.
I think back a few years of the advanced air ride suspension on the Lincoln Town Car.Nice till the car was out of warranty then,it cost more to fix & or replace the system than the car was worth.Hence,folks went with standard shocks & drove off,in comfort.It was nothing to see these cars with 180,000 and some with over 200,000 miles.Could't say that about the air/ride.
Anyway,It's good to have discussion, express view points and expierence(respectfully) with helpful dialogue.Thanks to all that replyed to this post.I appreciate all the responses I have viewed.

Regards,Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back