Backrest back breaker.

Nick

I was looking at backrest for my 2022 R18b. I saw that Wunderlich had one, however it was 800$ usd. I was able to pick one up off Amazon for around 135$ usd.

It stated it came with all required hardware but they did not include bolts. Being that it came from china I did not wish to wait for replacement bolts. I bought them from my local ace hardware.

The installation was a bit harder than I’d have thought it should be. I had to remove the bags ( i expected that) but I had to remove the shock mounted on the left side, and take the 2 bolts holding the supports for both bags out in order to get room to pull them away from fender to slip backrest on.

All in all it wasn’t a terrible experience. If anyone’s looking for a budget friendly passengers back rest, that looks the same as Wunderlich for 500$ cheaper I highly recommend this.

Attachments

• IMG_3044.png
    IMG_3044.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
I was looking at backrest for my 2022 R18b. I saw that Wunderlich had one, however it was 800$ usd. I was able to pick one up off Amazon for around 135$ usd.

It stated it came with all required hardware but they did not include bolts. Being that it came from china I did not wish to wait for replacement bolts. I bought them from my local ace hardware.

The installation was a bit harder than I’d have thought it should be. I had to remove the bags ( i expected that) but I had to remove the shock mounted on the left side, and take the 2 bolts holding the supports for both bags out in order to get room to pull them away from fender to slip backrest on.

All in all it wasn’t a terrible experience. If anyone’s looking for a budget friendly passengers back rest, that looks the same as Wunderlich for 500$ cheaper I highly recommend this.
Well done what a saving I bought wunderlich back rest and luggage rack for my 1st edition cost me nearly £900 pounds only good thing was it was easy to fit 🤪

Back