Bags for R18FE

I don’t have them personally but if you skip to around 14:30 on this video, it should give you a reasonable idea what they’re like?

Anyone own these bags and if so what do you think of them? Plus any after market rear back rest that will connect to this bmw bag brackets you know of?
I have those. I wouldn't buy again, but obviously when I bought there wasn't alternatives. Not waterproof, not easy to care, ugly look (that's personal opinion). Take a look at motea.com or Corbin for more options.

Reactions: Vyk
Hmmmm... mine are waterproof and I like them. they come with waterproof stuff sacks as well. Like all things on my FE I want some authenticity the cloth bags are it. shampoo them gently (I bet downright washing them is a bad idea and may destroy the waterproofing. they expand and fit quite a bit of stuff. For touring get a waterproof duffel for the top.

Yup, just checked, these are waxed canvas, do not wash them with soap. Like I said mine are waterproof. But so is my Barbour :). It smells not so nice but it is waterproof :)

I bought them and the mounts a week after buying the bike and I'm happy with them. You're not gonna be able to carry the house with you, but it's okay.
They look like they belong. Good quality and a three year warranty from the manufacturer.

Correct, inside. Did I say outside?!
No, you didn't say a word, but if one just looked at the picture I'm sure would think that those are bags used to cover the saddlebags for waterproofing purposes.
Or maybe I have seen that picture from a different angle.

Attachments

• Bags.jpeg
    Bags.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
No, you didn't say a word, but if one just looked at the picture I'm sure would think that those are bags used to cover the saddlebags for waterproofing purposes.
Or maybe I have seen that picture from a different angle.
True, it does look like it could be an external bag from the pictures alone.

Back