Bar Riser Kit

Hi , Anyone fitted a Wunderlich 25mm bar riser kit to there R18 Classic , as i am not a home mechanic is it a time consuming job ? and does it require to only remove the top cables and install the longer ones . Any information is most welcome .

Changing bars or inserting risers is complicated in that the clutch and brake cable need to be replaced as well as the electrical wires on both sides. I had a dealership install the 6.5 mini apes.....it was two hours labor not including the parts.
The R18 is a long bike (8 ft) that is stretched out compared to an HD Fatboy. What this means for me is I need long bars if I want to sit upright. It is why I am putting big ape hangers on my bike after paying big bucks for the mini apes.

Just finished installing the Wunderlich 25mm risers. The electrical wires do not need replacement, just freed from the zip ties that holds all the wiring in place at the fork tree (at least on the base R18). This allows adequate slack to place the risers. The supplied hydraulic lines are a straightforward swap, fluid loss was minimal (I prefilled the new lines with a syringe) and there are youtube videos showing the procedure for burping any air bubbles into the master cylinders.

Back