Bluetooth Coms

Hi Folks

I wonder if anyone can help we have old (2017 System 6 Helmets). Fitted with the Ild BMW Bluetooth Communication System. We seem able to Pair the Rider Helmet with the Bike, Phone, and Sat Nav via the App but the Passenger Helmet won’t pair with the Bike.

Given these are reaching near the end of life we are thinking of Replacing them with Schuberth C5 and their Coms system.

I wondered if anyone had any experience and could confirm what I think is set up?

1. We would like Pillion to Pillion Coms Same bike.

2. Sat Nav to Rider Via BMW App on Iphone 13

3. Music to Rider and Pillion from Bike Radio or Via the Music player on the BMW App.

4. Rider Phone calls via Iphone.

I believe this is all possible with telephone calls to the rider helmet as a priority controlled by the toggle on the bike.

Sat Nav instructions to the Rider again controlled by the Toggle and via the BMW App.

Music to Rider and Passenger via Radio or Playlist on Phone.

If Coms between Rider and Pillionit will over ride Music only all others eg GPS and Phone are blocked - Do I understand this correctly.

Any help appreciated.

Hi BMW don’t seem to support the coms system anymore as far as I can see.

Interesting though we bought the Schuberth C5 helmets and tried them on at the dealer. My wife and I both went down a size from the BMW system 6. She went from a 59/59 to 57/58 and I went from a 60/61 to a 59/60 just in case it helps anyone.

I bought a C4Pro last fall, its amazing after years of fighting comms issues on my GTL ( and comms other than sena) I got the helmet, sat on the bike turned everything on and BAM! it worked like its supposed to! I did have to upgrade the Schuberth software after the dealer upgraded my trashcan (TC)

I bought a C4Pro last fall, its amazing after years of fighting comms issues on my GTL ( and comms other than sena) I got the helmet, sat on the bike turned everything on and BAM! it worked like its supposed to! I did have to upgrade the Schuberth software after the dealer upgraded my trashcan (TC)
Hi Oscar I am hoping for the same but awaiting a second SC2 (they only had one in the shop)

Out of Curiosity are you using the BMW app for Navigation and can you remember what you paid to what?

Ie Pair Phone to Helmet and Pair Phone to Bike then Pair Helmet to Bike as a second phone and then pair to pillion as intercom does that sound right ?

Dave
I didn't pay for the BMW Nav app, its a freebie, although you need to covert any routes you create on google earth to a GPX file. Which was a bit confusing. build it a route on my desktop convert it and then send it to my phone which has the app and upload it to the app.

As for pairing, I only have my C4Pro to pair. the bike has slots for two helmets and the phone and then does its magic. The first time I paired it I paired the helmet to the bike, then turned on the bluetooth on the phone and it paired straight away.
I have always heard that your helmet costs are directly related to your perceived value of your head. LOL. As I get older my head is more valuable LOL to me anyway. Schuberth's are a really nice helmet, Buy a battery charger, you can charge 2 batteries on it at the same time, plug it into the bmw outlet in the trunk. Mine will last about 8 hours, listening to the radio.

Hi Oscar

Thanks for a really helpful reply. Everything I have seen seems consistent so far. Delete all previous pairings on everything (Bike, Helmet, Phone to either) then Pair the Helmet first to the Bike and second pair the phone to the bike.

I had a Schuberth C3 and really liked it, then BMW6 (you seem to need one size bigger for the same fit) and just bought C5's which seem great although I can now feel the slightly back position of the strap to accommodate the anti roll off is now pushing gently on my neck. My neck has clearly got thicker unlike my hair since my C3 days 😄

You mention a charger don't you just mean a converter from BMW plug in the top box to USB ? than then converts to usb C into the Helmet ? Thanks a million for the reply Best Dave

No a battery charger for Schuberth batteries, Revzilla sells them, and it actually comes with an extra battery. I bought the charger and an extra battery thinking they were separate. So Now I have 3 batteries! oh well! LOL

Attachments

• Charger.jpg
    Charger.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Ah very interesting, I think I have a different version of Headset on the C5 it doesn’t have removable batteries (although I wish it did sounds like a great idea)

Yep! definitely different! C4 pro has two "wells" in the rear quarters of the helmet, one for the Control module and the other for a battery. As Herr Piper said during the Battle of the Bulge "Those damn Engineers" LOL
Just a little history here, Piper was the Panzer tank commander, that everytime he tried to cross the river in multiple different places the American combat engineers blew up the bridge!

So in case it helps anyone:

Two x C5's and Two SC2's for a Rider Pillion Conbo on a 2023 R18z

Started with all bluetooth connections cleared.

1. Connected Rider helmet to Bike as Helmet 1

2. Connected Phone (iphone 13) to phone connector on Bike.

3. Use BMW App for Nav etc.

Convulsion all worked ok but tried connecting Phone 2 on Helmet to Phone to allow access to the Schuberth App. Result Music and everything in headset but speakers can't be used in the Bike (Marshall Ii).

If disconnected second bluetooth coms speakers work again!!

Then connected Pillion Helmet to Pillion connection on bike,

Connected Pillion to second Iphone.

The. Paired both Sc2 as Bluetooth intercom.

Sound fading doesn't work well and lots of break up when streaming music from the phone to both helmets - think could be box related but not good quality.

Still to trying meshing the intercoms rather than bluetooth.

At the moment need to manually switch from music to intercom (5 second delay) so can't hear music and each othrer.

Any advice appreciated.

Concerns

Unable to use SC2 app with Rider helmet or it blocks music through the speakers - very strange !!

No I paired the Rider Helmet to the Bike then paired the Rider Phone to the Bike then the Passenger Helmet to the Bike, Then the Passenger Helmet to the Passenger Phone, then Intercom between the helmets.

Should I do both helmets to the bike before the phones?

The issue seems to be when you pair the rider phone already paired to the bike to the second phone slot on the helmet (to allow the app to work the helmet). that’s when it seems to get confused 😐

No I paired the Rider Helmet to the Bike then paired the Rider Phone to the Bike then the Passenger Helmet to the Bike, Then the Passenger Helmet to the Passenger Phone, then Intercom between the helmets.

Should I do both helmets to the bike before the phones?

The issue seems to be when you pair the rider phone already paired to the bike to the second phone slot on the helmet (to allow the app to work the helmet). that’s when it seems to get confused 😐
Can't hurt to try both helmets first, I seem to remember something about that in the back of my mind about that, when I tried to pair two helmets to my GTL once, but they weren't Schuberth or Senna comms. Certainly couldn't make matters worse. Although I have slept since then. I got a great memory............ its just really really short! LOL

Might have to just pair the pillion phone to the helmet and not the bike. just brainstorming here

Thanks Oscar I will have a play around and see how we get on. Heading off for a First Run in Scotland Sunday with a Nice Spa Hotel overnight treat for my wife. We will try the Helmets and Coms for the first time and let you know how it goes 👍

Back