BMW R18 vs Moto Guzzi Eldorado

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
I had an internal struggle whether to purchase the Moto Guzzi Eldorado or the R18. I decided on the R18, but I still have difficulty deciding if I made the right decision.

AA63C103-4EF3-4BF8-B37B-FD959A9708E4.jpeg7445171B-F874-4695-B0F6-87502852F11D.jpeg

Both are beautiful bikes. My only fault with MG is their lack of dealer support in the US. The nearest MG dealer to me was 65 miles, and not the best reputation. I looked at an MGX-21 in 2019, even rode to the dealer and took it for a test ride. Got back and the salesman were too “bothered” to even ask if I liked it. So I left and I’m here today with an R18.

The Guzzi is beautiful. But I'm betting that you made the right choice. The R18 is beautiful, even more unique AND a heck of a performer.

Tough choice. I'd argue that you'll be happier with the BMW than you would've been with the Guzzi. There's nothing objective that leads me to that conclusion. Nothing. These two are quite similar in stats and reliability and build and purpose. You would've been ok with either, not necessarily happy, but ok. So why happier with the Beemer? Motorcycles tend to be emotional purchases. I have to assume that you looked at both, really studied them, and the R18 simply spoke to you more than the Guzzi. The heart wants what it wants.

If you're having second thoughts, no worries, used Eldo's are available at significant discounts.

Sometimes the heart wants two motorcycles. ;)

Tough choice. I'd argue that you'll be happier with the BMW than you would've been with the Guzzi. There's nothing objective that leads me to that conclusion. Nothing. These two are quite similar in stats and reliability and build and purpose. You would've been ok with either, not necessarily happy, but ok. So why happier with the Beemer? Motorcycles tend to be emotional purchases. I have to assume that you looked at both, really studied them, and the R18 simply spoke to you more than the Guzzi. The heart wants what it wants.

If you're having second thoughts, no worries, used Eldo's are available at significant discounts.

Sometimes the heart wants two motorcycles. ;)
Very well said, especially liked “the heart wants what it wants”.

Last edited:
Back