Brake Lever with Floor Boards Mod

enzo5000

The combination of the floor boards, the long rear brake lever pedal and my size 12 boots always forced my foot to point outward like a duck. Since the brakes are linked anyway, I made a shorter brake pedal using some metric chrome and black chrome hardware. The OEM lever is 2.75". My DIY version is 1.5" making my foot position way more comfortable.

Rear_Brake _Mod.jpg

The combination of the floor boards, the long rear brake lever pedal and my size 12 boots always forced my foot to point outward like a duck. Since the brakes are linked anyway, I made a shorter brake pedal using some metric chrome and black chrome hardware. The OEM lever is 2.75". My DIY version is 1.5" making my foot position way more comfortable.

View attachment 1347
I wear the same size shoe. I use these on my Indian's heel-shifter - also available in black. Short peg for the R18 brake pedal...
Aeromach® Replacement Small Brake/Shift Peg for CI-2030/2035 Heel Toe Shift Lever with Mounting Hardware - CHROME (billetproofdesign.com), previously SKU CI-73-227
...and the long peg for the R18 shift pedal.
Aeromach® Replacement Large Brake/Shift Peg for CI-2030/2035 Heel Toe Shift Lever with Mounting Hardware - CHROME (billetproofdesign.com), previously SKU CI-73-228

I need to check whether they still come with metric hardware, though.

Updated: levers to pedals (-: - thanks, Gerhard.

Last edited:

View attachment 1347

Good idea! I don't have big feet and I found the brake lever too obtrusive as well. I rarely touch the rear brake, so getting it out of the way was one of my first priorities. I put some thick-walled hose over the lever stop and it lowered the lever some.

I wear the same size shoe. I use these on my Indian's heel-shifter - also available in black. Short peg for the R18 brake pedal...
Aeromach® Replacement Small Brake/Shift Peg for CI-2030/2035 Heel Toe Shift Lever with Mounting Hardware - CHROME (billetproofdesign.com), previously SKU CI-73-227
...and the long peg for the R18 shift pedal.
Aeromach® Replacement Large Brake/Shift Peg for CI-2030/2035 Heel Toe Shift Lever with Mounting Hardware - CHROME (billetproofdesign.com), previously SKU CI-73-228

I need to check whether they still come with metric hardware, though.

Updated: levers to pedals (-: - thanks, Gerhard.
Aeromach Pegs.png

I just realise that my brake lever is different than yours.
No round end on mine.

View attachment 1432
Today I checked out my First Edition out andf it's got the M8 screw-attached lever end.
I'm going to look into making a replacement part that's shorter.
I think that it bears mentioning that my lever end was installed such that the inserted portion was a VERY tight fit. After removing the inboard M8 screw, the lever end was galled in the bore of the lever body, requiring penetrant lubricant and a pipe wrench to remove it.

20210428_164025 brake lever.jpg

Back