BT moto TUNER :Awesome!

D

Deleted member 939

I gotta tell ya,It's a different bike.Smooth as hell.Deeper exhaust note with stock mufflers.I noticed the difference on start up.Torque is really impressive especially with my sidecar.This is a must get mod.I could not be happier.I would recommend this mod before mufflers or any other add-ons.The only other performance mod I have is a K&N airfilter. (https://www.knfilters.com/bmw/r-18/1802/2020/).

Great customer service as I got the tuner late on the 23rd.I figured I would not get a map until Monday since it was Christmas Eve on Friday.Low and behold,I got the map Christmas Day.
Hopefully they will have another sale for members here.In the past I spent quite a bit on a tuner and Dyno time,this tune seems perfect & no Dyno needed.
Last thing to report,No deceleration popping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta tell ya,It's a different bike.Smooth as hell.Deeper exhaust note with stock mufflers.I noticed the difference on start up.Torque is really impressive especially with my sidecar.This is a must get mod.I could not be happier.I would recommend this mod before mufflers or any other add-ons.The only other performance mod I have is a K&N airfilter. (https://www.knfilters.com/bmw/r-18/1802/2020/).

Great customer service as I got the tuner late on the 23rd.I figured I would not get a map until Monday since it was Christmas Eve on Friday.Low and behold,I got the map Christmas Day.
Hopefully they will have another sale for members here.In the past I spent quite a bit on a tuner and Dyno time,this tune seems perfect & no Dyno needed.
Last thing to report,No deceleration popping.
Whole heartedly agree.

Will check it out, seems to good to be true.
One thing that really is cool about the R18 is the fact it has wideband O2 sensors.I think there is only 1 other bike that uses the wideband sensors, maybe the BMW S1000r.I think.
The O2 sensors do what their description says.Wide range of adjustment for air/fuel.The narrow band O2 sensors adjust too, but not in a wider range like the WBs.
I have history from Magnetti-Marelli,delfi and Bosch EFI systems.Actually used one of my bikes as a Mule for Dobeck Performance.Mark was one of the original owners of Dynojet.He brought out his electronic jet kit to eliminate the costly dyno expenses.Anyway the first tuners were slow and had to transmit signal thru the box that tricked the computer.Now Dynojet has a flash system for HD and Indians.Both use narrow band sensors.So,the perfered method with NB is to dyno tune the bike or get a map from a similar build.The NB sensors will adjust but not like the WBs.Hence you get a more linear tune with just a map/flash.Really cool we have the WBs.
I hope you can find someone close to you to expierence a bike with the BT moto/flasher.To me,it is remarkable.
You know though,there are folks whom have the right to disagree and the flasher may not be worth your time.Again,up to you.
I will say my wife has one of her degrees in I.T. so she helped me with the download and flash or I may still be scratching my head.The OBDII connector was a bitch to disconnect till I figured out how to unplug it.I just needed to find it then squeeze the ends on either side to unlock it.The BMW instructions were confusing.Need to be carful as to not break the plastic clip that holds it above the drive shaft.

So will BT Moto be offering any Forum group buy discounts?
I tried,Not much interest when I posted a pole in December.You could try and do another pole or group buy.
I also posted a DCP150 code($150 discount) then and the units were on extended Black Friday sale at $675.They charge taxes and shipping.I still got mine for just under $600 complete.
I know everything that is tied to BMW is stupid priced.I will say for me.I would spend a grand on the BT Tuner before any other add-on,cosmetic or otherwise.
I see folks spending crazy money to change the looks or style on their R18.That's cool no argument from me.Folks should do what they like, not my buisness how a person spends or customizes.
For me the tune, doubled the love affair with this beautiful machine.I can't recommend it enough.I wish everyone could have the tune to try for a day.You'd never go back.
Well,maybe there would be 1 person that wouldn't like it.There's always 1,LOL!
Your decision, your cash.Just adding my $.02
Last opinion:
I think BMW added the shake at idle to attract HD riders.I don't miss it.My bike idles smooth and sounds great.

I tried,Not much interest when I posted a pole in December.You could try and do another pole or group buy.
I also posted a DCP150 code($150 discount) then and the units were on extended Black Friday sale at $675.They charge taxes and shipping.I still got mine for just under $600 complete.
I know everything that is tied to BMW is stupid priced.I will say for me.I would spend a grand on the BT Tuner before any other add-on,cosmetic or otherwise.
I see folks spending crazy money to change the looks or style on their R18.That's cool no argument from me.Folks should do what they like, not my buisness how a person spends or customizes.
For me the tune, doubled the love affair with this beautiful machine.I can't recommend it enough.I wish everyone could have the tune to try for a day.You'd never go back.
Well,maybe there would be 1 person that wouldn't like it.There's always 1,LOL!
Your decision, your cash.Just adding my $.02
Last opinion:
I think BMW added the shake at idle to attract HD riders.I don't miss it.My bike idles smooth and sounds great.
I plan to do it right after break in. I noticed the rough start at the dealer...almost stopped from buying.

I plan to do it right after break in. I noticed the rough start at the dealer...almost stopped from buying.
My bike almost never started on the first try before the 600 mile service and maybe 50% after.Now it starts at once, 100% first time everytime after the tune.

My bike almost never started on the first try before the 600 mile service and maybe 50% after.Now it starts at once, 100% first time after the tune.
I haven't taken delivery of my Classic yet. I asked them kindly to ensure all the updates are applied first. I sure HOPE I don't have starting issues.. My Valkyrie needed nothing..from new..just horrible tires and rock hard seat.

This is good to know! I don't care for the vibrations at idle myself.

Does it dampen the vibrations at speed too? Wishing for the 'rock' ride mode's response, but don't care for the exaggerated vibration that goes with it.
Again,I said I think the idle/shake was added by BMW.Not Really Sure.

And yes,the tune makes the R18C smoother everywhere.Funny but, with the side car it does not rock from side to side when the throttle is blipped.
Not that I do that but I was curious to see how it responded.
My bike was tuned after the sidecar was installed therefore,I don't really have a reference without the sidecar,except the 2 wheel bike with stock tune shook like a spastic snake at idle as a 2 wheeler.:)
& I never take mine out of ROCK mode with the sidecar.

Back