Can the phone fan be turned off on the R18TC?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

I have used the phone on rare occasion, but would really like to turn it off.

Possibly fan won't activate if there are no devices paired? I can't say for sure but I don't think I've heard the fan kick in every time in hot conditions. This could explain why.

Last edited:
Great tip. I have a soft plastic protector on my phone that almost seals the fan vent hole. This causes the fun to suck like a blocked vacuum cleaner. I think I’ll unplug it.

Great tip. I have a soft plastic protector on my phone that almost seals the fan vent hole. This causes the fun to suck like a blocked vacuum cleaner. I think I’ll unplug it.
Mine does this as well and I don’t run a phone case (brave, I know). When I pull my phone out I can feel the suction on it. I think this is operating as designed brother.

From the owner's manual:

1660743721440.png

I've had my TC for about a week and a half... in that time it has been hot and I haven't seen the fan go off at all so far.

The entire phone cradle can be lifted out of the designated space; you can simply disconnect the power to the small fan mounted on the backside of the phone cradle.
Maybe folks can try adhering little rubber dots on the phone cradle's surface; this should allow for air flow between the phone and the cradle.

I lifted out my cradle yesterday, while trying to locate the auxiliary light's wire harness; the phone cradle lifts out pretty easily by pulling up from the top, holding onto the flip-down device. The cradle has two anchor points located at the bottom of the compartment closest to the seat.

My fan seems to work as it should, based on a thermostat; however, it's pretty straightforward in disconnecting the fan via the white connection in the attached picture.

To install the cradle back into the compartment; start with the bottom, by inserting the two anchor tabs into the two slots located in the bottom of the compartment space.

Attachments

• IMG_20220818_175334642.jpg
    IMG_20220818_175334642.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Maybe folks can try adhering little rubber dots on the phone cradle's surface; this should allow for air flow between the phone and the cradle.

I lifted out my cradle yesterday, while trying to locate the auxiliary light's wire harness; the phone cradle lifts out pretty easily by pulling up from the top, holding onto the flip-down device. The cradle has two anchor points located at the bottom of the compartment closest to the seat.

My fan seems to work as it should, based on a thermostat; however, it's pretty straightforward in disconnecting the fan via the white connection in the attached picture.

To install the cradle back into the compartment; start with the bottom, by inserting the two anchor tabs into the two slots located in the bottom of the compartment space.
With the correct picture showing the white connector assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_20220819_121439514_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220819_121439514_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Back