CarPlay Options

Hey guys does anyone have this?? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CX8PM5D5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=AL24EFWB8RLRV&th=1

Im thinking of doing an install... any input?
I watched the videos in your link and...it looks pretty good for a pure model.

One thing though: While I can't speak to this model specifically, I can give my experience on a AUTO version of these Android Auto/CarPlay units. I purchased a couple of them several months ago for our vehicles and, I found that my iPhone 12 Max did NOT work, but my old Samsung Galaxy 8 DID work.

My wife's new iPhone 14 DID work just fine. So, if you have an "older" iPhone, it may not work, especially if these units are using the same chipsets, as is typical for keeping prices down. Meaning, that, while the outer shell/screen are different, they typically use the same internal circuitry/firmware as it's cheaper than bespoke solutions.

TL;dr: Chinese head units tend to not work with 2+ older gen iPhones, but old Android phones work just fine in my experience.

Mike

Yeah, the roadtop ones are just purely CarPlay. And they have a few different sizes too - but they would not integrate with cameras and whatnot. They are just basic.

not a bad option though... Im working on getting the one I posted the link to for a discount in exchange for the install vid or similar...... then it will bring the $ within range

not a bad option though... Im working on getting the one I posted the link to for a discount in exchange for the install vid or similar...... then it will bring the $ within range
While this is a "cheap" head unit. It would certainly be worth it for you to message the seller first and ensure that your phone is compatible with this unit.

Just a CYA.

Mike

Back