Check Engine logo

happened to me twice, lost power and the bike shuts down when I put it in gear. Happened to me twice,

the dealer fixed it with changing the ecu from bmw, but after 300miles it happened again.

anyone having the same issue? my bike has a total of 5000miles now

No never happened to me.
It may be a faulty switch that thinks the kickstand is down.

Check the side stand sensor / connectors
thanks, the dealer said that one too. I haven't have the faintest clue to what that looks like though. (no mechanical knowledge and knowhow) I'll just bring it to the dealer once lockdown is lifted 😊

ps. this is my first bike and my dream bike to be honest, hence not knowing much about how everything works.

No never happened to me.
It may be a faulty switch that thinks the kickstand is down.
thanks, I'll have the dealer check it out, I'll try and record it if it happens again. last time I got stuck in the middle of nowhere alone for 3hours with no cell service and its just annoying.

Last week my 2 weeks old new R18 FE suddenly went into the emergency mode, no throttle response anymore. Dealer checked it. The throttle wire plug / connector was lose. They fixed the problem with a zip tie (see picture) which should keep the cable and the plug more straight. Seems to be a weak point according to the dealer.

3F03CB95-DC27-4133-82E0-6CAE8BB4F4B6.jpeg

Last week my 2 weeks old new R18 FE suddenly went into the emergency mode, no throttle response anymore. Dealer checked it. The throttle wire plug / connector was lose. They fixed the problem with a zip tie (see picture) which should keep the cable and the plug more straight. Seems to be a weak point according to the dealer.

View attachment 4352

does the dash flash with the engine logo when it went to emergency mode? I'll check mine and put on zipties just incase. Right now I can't get to a dealer during lockdown

Good morning I can say.
This morning during the normal running on the way I loose control throttle during an exit from a curve.
I stop and start the engine many time but remain no control on throttle.
A rapid check and I found the throttle connector out, I put in and I restart actually orange engine lamp fault remain.
Could be interesting to know if the owner have a recall for a solution, remain without throttle could be more dangerous that remain without brake.
RGRDS

Back