Connected App frustration with Android Device

Stoli

I have R18 Trans and continually have issues with the connected App on an Android phone - Motorola g Power on Ver 11. The app will connect with bluetooth, no problem. But the map will not make it's connection (which is wifi). I had issue in past and support had me delete everything and start over. Didn't work then one day started working. I've deleted connections, apps and even renamed the phone. No luck any longer, the map will never connect. I'm primarily an iPhone user so maybe there is an Android setting? I've looked through settings and security and don't see anything, but maybe I'm missing it. I have an iPhone which always works. Sometimes it will ask if I want to connect to network 'xyz', I select yes and off I go. Wondering if this is somehow not happening on the Android....

A bit long but thanks for any insight. I want to dedicate the android to the bike, but ...

Tech challenged in Los Angeles

I have the MOTOROLA RAZR flip-phone; I make sure that Wi-Fi is always turned ON, since my phone flips shuts when I ride; I had to make sure that the BMW Connect app had permission to keep running with the flip closed. I typically start my music first, then launch the BMW Connect app and then store my phone within the tank space; all is good all day and everyday since..

Thanks for the reply. Yes the app runs always and you'll get the text of you road/location and app shows connected but the actual map mode fails to connect.

IMG_5967.jpeg

Stupid Question:. Did you download the map into your phone via the BMW Connect app?

If not, hit the 3-dots ° ° ° in the bottom right-hand corner, within the BMW Connect app.

Scroll down and select "Map Download"

Select the State(s) where you will be riding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-112555-598.png
    Screenshot_20221031-112555-598.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20221031-112432.png
    Screenshot_20221031-112432.png
    712.4 KB · Views: 2
I recently have encountered the same original problem where everything works except the map won't load. (iPhone 12)

Not stupid question, but yes I did download maps. Even with no maps loaded map mode should still connect, just won't have graphics. That is a pain though since I've deleted the app a few times to try and troubleshoot and have to download maps again each time.

Do you have any other Wi-Fi device running on or near the bike?

Phone is setup with Wi-Fi turned ON?

Does it always fail, or does it recover after stopping somewhere and restarting the process? Are you initially starting the BMW Connect at your home, where perhaps there's a strong co-channel Wi-Fi signal?

No other wifi on bike. Do usually start at home, but that's same with iPhone and no issues there. WiFi is definitely on and yes, it always fails and never works, though it did for a couple months originally. Since the BMW uses a 'hidden' SSID I'm wondering if somehow it's being blocked in some android setting. No idea if that's even a thing.

Back