Connectivity / BT Issues (R18B)

Had this issue 2x now in 400 miles. Get on the bike, start it, connected app and BT show as connected, go to media to play music, screen loads in black with spinny loading circle, never loads, BT and app disconnect, back out to main menu, BT and app reconnect, go to media, screen loads in black with spinny loading circle, never loads, BT and app disconnect, rinse, lather, repeat.

If I start the music player on my phone it plays through the bikes speakers but I have no control over volume or play / pause / skip.

I know several other model lines are having similar issues (RT / K) so I assume this to be a software issue, just wanted to post it here to see if anyone else with the B / TC is having this issue

Yes, I have the same issue. Discussed the frustration with the maintenance team during my 600 mile service last week. Service tech says that other models are having the same issue and BMW is in progress of fixing the app... I've had the most success with powering on the bike, waiting for the bluetooth to connect, start music on phone (I typically use Amazon music), then start the Motorad app. Total process takes about 2 minutes as you have to wait for the WiFi to establish, but feels like forever... I still have experienced times where the WiFi drops out and kills my navigation... truly frustrating!

Back