Dent in Fishtail

Sgr18

Hi all! Had a tipover last week on my R18 FE, with one of my boots caught in between the tarmac and the fishtail exhaust on the right. After uprighting the bike, I see a small dent where the exhaust met my boot/foot. It is a slight dent visible only at certain angles. Anyone has experience removing dents from the R18 fishtail exhausts?

So sorry to hear that.
I have not done this myself but I know there are people out there who pour warm water on the dent and then with a sucker /dent puller or suction device, they pull the metal out. I have seen this on YouTube on door panels, mug guards etc.
if your dent is small you may need to shop around for a specific dent puller. Good luck and keep us updated.

So sorry to hear that.
I have not done this myself but I know there are people out there who pour warm water on the dent and then with a sucker /dent puller or suction device, they pull the metal out. I have seen this on YouTube on door panels, mug guards etc.
if your dent is small you may need to shop around for a specific dent puller. Good luck and keep us updated.
Thank you! Will give it a shot!

I nothing else works, call a dent remover for car doors...they come to your house...can fix the dents in your car (if you have any) and your fishtail exhaust as well.

So sorry to hear that.
You’ll never pull a dent out of one of those mufflers. The metal is far too thick.
I’d start keeping an eye on eBay for a replacement. There are plenty of takeoffs out there. I know a guy that had two sets with zero miles on them.

Last edited:
Back