Does it exist?

I need to find a charging solution - Any help appreciated.

I live on an apartment block, and don't have access to a powerpoint in the carpark.

I only ride on weekends and I've noticed that it tends to "struggle" to start when I first kick it over.

Is there a solution that I could charge in my apartment, that could be a "trickle charger" for a period of time - thus keeping it topped-up

I'd prefer not to jump-start with a "battery pack" if it gets too low, as that's bad for the battery over time.

Thanks in advance.

Best solution I could think of off with out having to go and remove the battery after every ride and bringing it in to charge.
Might be risky but you could hook up the jump pack directly to the battery and have it charge up the night before the ride.
The risky part being someone potentially taking it during the night.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - Much appreciated.

Just so I'm clear how this might work.....
- The GBX45 is rechargeable and portable
- The GBC007 is used to connect the GBX45 to the bike (in this case)
- The 2 together would work as a recharger of the bike battery

Is that correct?

1. Yep its rechargeable jump pack that should also be able to provide charge to the battery itself.
  2. Correct
  3. To my knowledge this is correct.
If you want to be safe as well reach out directly to Noco and see what they say about that.

Thanks for that - Much appreciated.

Just so I'm clear how this might work.....
- The GBX45 is rechargeable and portable
- The GBC007 is used to connect the GBX45 to the bike (in this case)
- The 2 together would work as a recharger of the bike battery

Is that correct?

Apologies for "dredging" up this old thread - but I still haven't found a working solution - until now (hopefully) - If someone can confirm it'll do what I need.

In summary (for a variety of reasons that I won't go into again), I'm after a rechargeable, trickle charger.

I found this - https://www.ctek.com/au/battery-chargers-12v-24v/cs-free

A couple of questions for the folks that understand this better than me:
- Am I reading it correctly - it can perform as a rechargeable trickle charger?
- If yes, How do I work out whether it's Canbus compatible, so I can use the existing port on the bike?
- If it's isn't Canbus compatible, could I attach it to the "remote" terminals on the right side of the bike, to trickle charge? The positive under the right-side cover and the negative under the right-side cylinder head.
- Or would I have to connect directly to the battery terminals.

Many thanks in advance for help - signs are, this is going to become an issue for me in the near future - starting is becoming more "laboured" each ride - so I think it's only a matter of time......
Cheers

My "second" bike *R1200C) can stay for two or 3 months without running and starts instantly.
Are you sure to not have an electric problem?

I need to find a charging solution - Any help appreciated.

I live on an apartment block, and don't have access to a powerpoint in the carpark.

I only ride on weekends and I've noticed that it tends to "struggle" to start when I first kick it over.

Is there a solution that I could charge in my apartment, that could be a "trickle charger" for a period of time - thus keeping it topped-up

I'd prefer not to jump-start with a "battery pack" if it gets too low, as that's bad for the battery over time.

Thanks in advance.
You may have a defective battery. I am assuming you have the alarm activated which will drain a bit of power but after a week of or even two of constant use should not drain the battery that much. If you ride short distances then there won’t be enough time for the alternator to charge the battery sufficiently. After 10 years of use the stock battery on my M1800R lost the capability to hold the charge after 2 weeks over winter when I used to ride less frequently and I came across a battery manufactured by Motobatt. It was a game changer for me and I never had to top it up even with the alarm activated for long periods of time. They are not mega expensive. Check them out and see if this resolves your issues.

- If yes, How do I work out whether it's Canbus compatible, so I can use the existing port on the bike?
I think if it is canbus compatible, they'd be sure to state that on their site and in the manual?

- If it's isn't Canbus compatible, could I attach it to the "remote" terminals on the right side of the bike, to trickle charge? The positive under the right-side cover and the negative under the right-side cylinder head.
I did that with my ctek charger on my R18B. It worked but I don't think it's a long term solution because:

a) the cylinder is hot after a ride so you'd have to wait to attach the cable
b) I had to stretch/pull apart the cable (the joint + and - cable) on my charger to reach both attachment points on the bike
c) at one occasion, after the charger was properly attached, I then set ignition on and heard a little electric crackle

You may have a defective battery. I am assuming you have the alarm activated which will drain a bit of power but after a week of or even two of constant use should not drain the battery that much. If you ride short distances then there won’t be enough time for the alternator to charge the battery sufficiently. After 10 years of use the stock battery on my M1800R lost the capability to hold the charge after 2 weeks over winter when I used to ride less frequently and I came across a battery manufactured by Motobatt. It was a game changer for me and I never had to top it up even with the alarm activated for long periods of time. They are not mega expensive. Check them out and see if this resolves your issues.
I'm hoping not - The bike is only a couple of months old (although I don't know how old the batter is).

At the first service, I raised this and was told the "the cranking ampage" is fine. - I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks for the tip on Motobatt - I'll look into that

Thanks for your help

Back