EBay Bar Backs

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
I have been considering installing bar backs on my R18 FE. When I look at the sets on EBay they have brackets and screws included in the kit. I don’t understand the brackets at all and where they are used. I also don’t understand the drilled and tapped holes on one side of the bar backs and the screws that are shown in them. Has anyone installed them or have experience with them that can explain the installation and use of the included hardware. A link to the product I am considering is below.

DK Design has a youtube video on the install process of these risers. The brackets are to relocate the brake and clutch lines.

As to the teardrop and two bolts on the side of the riser....I am also curious what they are used for. It has to be cosmetic because I can't fathom what they could possibly do. Two long ass bolts sandwich each riser set and handlebar together....there's nothing for those side bolts to control or secure. I'd bet they are just for aesthetic sake.

DK Design has a youtube video on the install process of these risers. The brackets are to relocate the brake and clutch lines.

As to the teardrop and two bolts on the side of the riser....I am also curious what they are used for. It has to be cosmetic because I can't fathom what they could possibly do. Two long ass bolts sandwich each riser set and handlebar together....there's nothing for those side bolts to control or secure. I'd bet they are just for aesthetic sake.
Thank you, I found the video enlightening

Back