Exhaust Bluing/Discoloration

This motorcycle is ECU controlled, meaning that there's obviously, no carburetors to adjust.

What I'd look at is your valve clearances on the affected side. Are they in spec? This is the only item I'd think to inspect, but ALSO verify there's no tears in the intake boot that's allowing unmetered air past the MAF. Even a loose hose clamp on the intake boot can allow unmetered air into the cylinder.

If both cylinders aren't getting the equal amount of air, or one cylinder's valve spec is off from the other, it could send an unbalanced LAMBDA signal from the O2 sensor, thus triggering the fuel injector to increase/decrease fuel flow to help bring LAMBDA back to balance.

Mike

I used blue job for cleanup and it worked great as I expected. However, while cleaning, I noticed minor impact damage to both header pipes leaving small scratches and craters. This type of damage ultimately results in corrosion. Is this just something BMW R Type owners have to live with or is there a way to protect the head pipes?
My tried and true method of keeping ALL chrome spotless is "0000" steel wool.

0000 Steel Wool.jpg

If you have rusty chrome, WD-40 and "0000" steel wool works WONDERS.

Chrome is harder than steel, so as long as you use the "0000", not the "000" or less steel wool, it'll work like one of those "Mr. Clean" Magic Erasers for your chrome work.

Once you use this stuff, you will NEVER use anything else on your chrome!

Mike

Back