FIRST R18 SLIGHT KNOCK

When in the garage and there’s no other noise at all, the bikes off, just sat there cold, if I pull the clutch lever in there’s a faint thud from somewhere in ‘the belly’ of the bike. No doubt the dry clutch release mechanism. It’s never concerned me at all. As others have said already this bike in particular is very aural, the clicks, whines, thuds and feel through all the touch points is very visceral.

This is my 27th bike since my first bike at 13 years old. My last6 wer Harleys. My first bmW is a 2021 R18 First Edition. I think I love it because it feels like none of the 26 others I've owned. Only had it for 20nmiles but at stop/low speed/around a corner sometimes I hear a slight "knock" and feel a bump in my clutch lever??? Since I never owned a BMW with a Boxer motor I don't know if this is normal or not. I don't want to hear the dealership's answer. It's no big deal if that's just the way the works.I reallyjustwant to know if this is "normal." First post. be kind.
I just sold my 2014 R9T mint condition with 7500 miles on it....not an expert on BMWs but with the dry clutch, I did get a noise now and then. One thing I did was use a different brand of fluids all around. Instead of the recommended 15-50 I used a synthetic 20-50 Redline. It seemed to quiet things down a bit. I used redline respectively when I replaced all the fluids....
Also adjust the clutch lever on your grip to make sure the clutch is completely dis engaging when shifting, that right there can cause a bump.

Back