Greetings from Viva Las Vegas!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Glenn and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Just purchased my new 2021 R18 First Edition (with only 13 miles on the odometer) back on 11/14 and I am beyond stoked! It's at almost 500 miles already and closing in fast on its first service. My previous bike was a 2020 Triumph Street Triple 765RS which I traded in to get the R18. Been wanting to get another cruiser since I had to depart with my 2012 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide Custom a couple of years ago.

R18 at Redstone.jpg

Looking forward to learn as much as I can about the R18 and see what everyone else is doing with theirs, here.

If you're on social media let's link up. I'm on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube under @thesideoutrocker.

Welcome, thanks for the picture. How can we help you make your ride better?
Just going through the various discussion threads and learning what other R18 owners have done with their bike. What I'm looking to do first is add a front fairing. My crash bars arrived last week and should be installing them sometime this week. I'm also looking for a taller sissy bar than what I currently have seen available for the R18; most are the height of passenger backrests. Then I'll be looking to do a Stage 1, so I want to see what others here tend to favor or suggest as far as exhausts and tuners go. I bought this bike with the main intention of doing medium (500+ miles) to long-distance (1,500 miles and beyond). I already have a couple of long-distance rides planned for next year including riding from Vegas to the Pacific Northwest and from Vegas to Virginia.

This is such a beautiful and fantastic bike. Especially for the insanely good deal I got on it.

Just going through the various discussion threads and learning what other R18 owners have done with their bike. What I'm looking to do first is add a front fairing. My crash bars arrived last week and should be installing them sometime this week. I'm also looking for a taller sissy bar than what I currently have seen available for the R18; most are the height of passenger backrests. Then I'll be looking to do a Stage 1, so I want to see what others here tend to favor or suggest as far as exhausts and tuners go. I bought this bike with the main intention of doing medium (500+ miles) to long-distance (1,500 miles and beyond). I already have a couple of long-distance rides planned for next year including riding from Vegas to the Pacific Northwest and from Vegas to Virginia.

This is such a beautiful and fantastic bike. Especially for the insanely good deal I got on it.
Saw this one on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1448439366...D2lIuVPQxG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks for the info. I actually received that same one from a different eBay vendor a couple of days ago. They all look like they're coming from the same no-name manufacturing plant. Unfortunately, I am going to return it because the metal brace the back pad is screwed on to was welded on slightly crooked (it's slight but noticeable) and the bar itself isn't high enough for me. I'm looking for one that is a good 6-8" taller from the passenger seat pad. I'm probably going to go through someone who makes custom sissy bars or through one of my friends, here, who is a fabricator. We'll see.

Back