Hello as a new Bee....

buellwinkle

Hello all, I am new to the R18 After my ride home from the dealer I called the parts man to order a Mechanics Manual... He told me BMW no longer makes this information available to the customer !!! I was MAD as hell when I heard that, dealers have no idea how bad their service centers can be, and I am not allowed to work on my own bike, that is crazy. The next day I get a Survey from BMW Motorad wanting to know how I enjoyed my new bike. I was still HOT as hell about the lack of data for service on my bike and let them have it. Why not let me get to know my new bike ??? I had just rode it home in the cold and rain !!! damn I was mad... This survey really stung, they apparently shoved it in the face of my dealer, all around Motorad needs to rethink their way of doing things... I hope BMW has treated the rest of you better than they treated me....

Hello all, I am new to the R18 After my ride home from the dealer I called the parts man to order a Mechanics Manual... He told me BMW no longer makes this information available to the customer !!! I was MAD as hell when I heard that, dealers have no idea how bad their service centers can be, and I am not allowed to work on my own bike, that is crazy. The next day I get a Survey from BMW Motorad wanting to know how I enjoyed my new bike. I was still HOT as hell about the lack of data for service on my bike and let them have it. Why not let me get to know my new bike ??? I had just rode it home in the cold and rain !!! damn I was mad... This survey really stung, they apparently shoved it in the face of my dealer, all around Motorad needs to rethink their way of doing things... I hope BMW has treated the rest of you better than they treated me....
Honest Q: How is a manufacturer's general decision to stop releasing maintenance manuals on current in-production vehicles ... poor treatment aimed specifically just at you?

You can still do whatever you please to/with the bike. There are YouTube videos aplenty that go into detail with torque specifications, etc. Granted, it’s not all there for you in a convenient manual, but it’s discoverable should you look. And yes, this is clearly intentional and is being done by many manufacturers. It’s not something with which most of us agree.

Welcome!

Thank you for your comments.... I Will search the net for the data but this is new to me..... The folks where I got my bike, know I work on my own gear and should have told me before I made the purchase ! ! Their service technicians screwed up my first but most simple request, which further shows why I do not trust dealers to do the job correctly. I am elderly now and will not likely put a lot of miles on this new bike...

Back