Hello from Kansas

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

I'm a new owner of the R18 TR and was wondering if there might soon be a forum subsection for this bike. Or is this forum for all the R1800's?

R18B and R1200C ?

Congrats and welcome! What you see is all there is for now, but an admin may chime in about possible future subsections. Search works fairly well for the common topics.

R18B and R1200C ?

Congrats and welcome! What you see is all there is for now, but an admin may chime in about possible future subsections. Search works fairly well for the common topics.
There is a lot of overlap amongst all the models as well. Most of the mechanical bits are the same: engine, transmission, final drive, brakes, rear wheel/tire. All but the Classic share the same size front wheel & tire, though overall circumference of the tires is the same across all models. As such, a lot of questions can apply to every model.

In some ways, it is really 2 main models, the cruisers with the more slack front fork & 4.5 gallon tank (Pure & Classic) and the touring bikes with the steeper front fork, longer rear shock, larger 6 gallon tank & fairing with the LCD infotainment screen (B & TC). The higher spec in each range has more luggage space & more wind protection (Pure->Classic & B->TC). But generally parts can interchange within the cruiser models and within the touring models, and even some across the cruiser & touring models.

There is a lot of overlap amongst all the models as well. Most of the mechanical bits are the same: engine, transmission, final drive, brakes, rear wheel/tire. All but the Classic share the same size front wheel & tire, though overall circumference of the tires is the same across all models. As such, a lot of questions can apply to every model.

In some ways, it is really 2 main models, the cruisers with the more slack front fork & 4.5 gallon tank (Pure & Classic) and the touring bikes with the steeper front fork, longer rear shock, larger 6 gallon tank & fairing with the LCD infotainment screen (B & TC). The higher spec in each range has more luggage space & more wind protection (Pure->Classic & B->TC). But generally parts can interchange within the cruiser models and within the touring models, and even some across the cruiser & touring models.
Thank you for that complete reply.
I rode an R1200C for 14 years and always hoped for a larger version. Waited since 2005 and now it’s here finally.
The R1200C and the R1800B are great works of art.
I bought the R1800 Transcontinental for its chrome trim and wind protection.

Welcome, and congratulations on getting the R18 TC! I've found this forum to be extremely helpful, inspiring, amusing, and even thought provoking at times. :)

I have the silliest handle. After riding the R1200C for 14 years, I decided to pull the trigger on an R18B. This is when I joined the forum. At the last minute, I switched to the R18TR so now my handle makes no sense.

Back