Hello from sunny San Diego

Hi all

Privileged to join this club. I'm coming from a 2020 F900XR, which is a very different motorcycle. My primary purpose for a motorcycle is commuting to work; not the best application for an R18; but a combination of getting (what I think was) a very good deal, plus the sheer beauty of this motorcycle swayed me. Hoping for miles and miles of endless joy.

Vik

Attachments

• IMG_8786.JPG
    IMG_8786.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Bienvenu Wikram !
San Diego is my preferred city in California.
A lot of nice bike trips possible from there.
Enjoy the discovery of your new bike 👍

Welcome and congratulations vikram. Nice picture, but where’s the sunshine? Seriously, I am curious and pleased to see you can park your bike outside at night in San Diego—no way we could do that here in San Francisco. The brothers here would have your bike off the street faster that a bride"s nightly hitting the floor.

Welcome and congratulations vikram. Nice picture, but where’s the sunshine? Seriously, I am curious and pleased to see you can park your bike outside at night in San Diego—no way we could do that here in San Francisco. The brothers here would have your bike off the street faster that a bride"s nightly hitting the floor.
Haha yeah I realized that as soon as I sent that post :D

Well, it depends where in San Diego. This is a very quiet suburb in the northern part of SD county - not much of anything happens around this area.

Hi all

Privileged to join this club. I'm coming from a 2020 F900XR, which is a very different motorcycle. My primary purpose for a motorcycle is commuting to work; not the best application for an R18; but a combination of getting (what I think was) a very good deal, plus the sheer beauty of this motorcycle swayed me. Hoping for miles and miles of endless joy.

Vik
Welcome!!

Thank you for your service R2K. One of the reasons we love to ride is the freedom and relative safety we enjoy in America due to the sacrifices your colleagues in uniform have made. Good bless you and stay safe out there. Where did you end up after San Diego? Once I moved to California there was no way I could return to the rat’s nest that NYC has become—no offense to my friends and relatives who could not escape from the Big Apple.

Thank you for your service R2K. One of the reasons we love to ride is the freedom and relative safety we enjoy in America due to the sacrifices your colleagues in uniform have made. Good bless you and stay safe out there. Where did you end up after San Diego? Once I moved to California there was no way I could return to the rat’s nest that NYC has become—no offense to my friends and relatives who could not escape from the Big Apple.
I have moved around the country extensively over my career. I have a winter home in Florida and a small farm just east of Pittsburg, Pa. I plan to be a snow bird, during my retirement years. i Have to say you live in one of the nicest places in the country you are truly blessed. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, it means a lot to those of us that served. Ride safe

Hi all

Vik
Karibu Vikram! I commute with my R18 and its absolutely fine.

Hi all

Vik
Hi from Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 UK.

Back