Hello from the UK

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now so thought it was high time that I said hello - especially now I've pulled the trigger on an R18B.
I'm coming to the R18 after almost 6 years on an R9T Scrambler. I took the Bagger out for a test ride at a local BMW dealer day last year and it's remained an itch that I needed to scratch. It's not brand new but an Approved Used bike which is 10 months old with just over 600 miles on it. I think it's had most of the factory options list thrown at it and represents a hell of a saving over the cost new. I don't know about elsewhere but here in the UK, the depreciation rate on the whole R18 range is horrendous.
Anyway, it's getting delivered towards the end of the month and very much looking forward to it...
i-gXHnD2K-X2.jpg

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum. Jolly good choice if I may say so. 10 months old and 600mls is a new bike to me. Enjoy and see you around.

Last edited:
Welcome. The whole 2nd hand value issue has been discussed at length. If you come to the bike now then thats a good thing but many of us have been burnt, some badly. The only consolation, well the main one I suppose, is that fundamentally, for the overwhelming majority of owners, the bikes are really good with few issues.

Welcome. The whole 2nd hand value issue has been discussed at length. If you come to the bike now then thats a good thing but many of us have been burnt, some badly. The only consolation, well the main one I suppose, is that fundamentally, for the overwhelming majority of owners, the bikes are really good with few issues.
US owner here. I bought my R18 Base at the end of 2023 as a dealer show room model with a couple 100 miles on it. MSRP was $16,990, I paid $10,990 + $600 shipping (and then sales tax/registration fees for Colorado). I am sorry for everyone who bought earlier, at or near full retail, but I was excited, of course, for mine. So, long story short: yes, depreciation is high here, too. I think BMW introduced a Harley competitor bike and Harley buyers are not interested. No matter, I love the bike. It is just a beautifully designed machine, and it was an absolute bargain.

US owner here. I bought my R18 Base at the end of 2023 as a dealer show room model with a couple 100 miles on it. MSRP was $16,990, I paid $10,990 + $600 shipping (and then sales tax/registration fees for Colorado). I am sorry for everyone who bought earlier, at or near full retail, but I was excited, of course, for mine. So, long story short: yes, depreciation is high here, too. I think BMW introduced a Harley competitor bike and Harley buyers are not interested. No matter, I love the bike. It is just a beautifully designed machine, and it was an absolute bargain.

I'll always feel good about my purchase price, as long as the HD Street Glide MSRP remains consistent...

Congrats Bob, looks like the Bagger in Bahnstormer’s Maidenhead😊. My local dealership and also where I got my Classic from… Great looking bagger, the best colour scheme and some great options.. Genuine bargain as well..
Enjoy riding it👍

Welcome to the R18, that looks like Bahnstormer’s’s Maidenhead? If so I’ve sat on that many times :ROFLMAO:

Andy the business manager there is a mate and he has an R18 Classic as do I and my mate Chris.

we are all local and do regular rides on the R18 (y) I traded my R9T 40 years against my R18.
fantastic bikes and a great choice there (y)

Jon

Back