Horning breaks exhaust flap module

Just put together the Horing stand from Germany. Want to lift my 2021 R18 Classic. I got bike up first time rear wheel. Then I Lowered it and moved bike and stand (connected) forward a bit for space needed. Lifted again and heard a snap! Turns out exhaust flap module was damaged! I broke the snap connector ! snapped right off. Why did this happen? Now have to repair this buy new cover! So upset, and not using this stand again. Unless I figure out why this happened . Anyone want to buy it? Brand new assembled!

Just put together the Horing stand from Germany. Want to lift my 2021 R18 Classic. I got bike up first time rear wheel. Then I Lowered it and moved bike and stand (connected) forward a bit for space needed. Lifted again and heard a snap! Turns out exhaust flap module was damaged! I broke the snap connector ! snapped right off. Why did this happen? Now have to repair this buy new cover! So upset, and not using this stand again. Unless I figure out why this happened . Anyone want to buy it? Brand new assembled!
That sucks..!!! Did it cause damage to the Servo Control Module; any chance did you have it setup incorrectly?

Scott :
I rushed and missed a key fasten part of the stand to back support on bike. Plus I repositioned the bike while stand attached to the pin it comes with that is installed under bike.
So I totally think it was my fault but decided not for me . I need to sell it to pay for repairs :(

Scott :
I rushed and missed a key fasten part of the stand to back support on bike. Plus I repositioned the bike while stand attached to the pin it comes with that is installed under bike.
So I totally think it was my fault but decided not for me . I need to sell it to pay for repairs :(
I’m sure someone here has a servo module they’ll part with. Or just buy the servo eliminators.
I have one sitting out in my garage.

The cable came out also- broke too, it seems from the flapper part. So IDK how that happened either. Frayed end came through the cable sleeve. Bike will stall in gear so can’t ride it- Im not that familiar with the bike to repair it myself.

The cable came out also- broke too, it seems from the flapper part. So IDK how that happened either. Frayed end came through the cable sleeve. Bike will stall in gear so can’t ride it- Im not that familiar with the bike to repair it myself.
The module and cables are pretty simple to install. You just need to loosen the adjusting nuts to remove the cables and the module itself is attached by one bolt.

Scott :

The module and cables are pretty simple to install. You just need to loosen the adjusting nuts to remove the cables and the module itself is attached by one bolt.
Huh, Is there any videos of anyone doing this out there?

I can't ride the bike, it does not operate when in gear. Probably because the plug is not plugged into the servo motor? That connector broke off. Do i need to remove the flapper part itself with servo buddy? Would you be willing to come show me how to repair it, what to buy. Same time you can look at stand if want it.

Yes, no problem; I would be happy to help out and check out the stand (which I'm still interested in).

Let me know schedule wise what works for you? I'm typically back on the NJ side of the river around 4:45 or so each day; weekends work as well. Also, do you have a suitable garage or work space for the bike? This sounds like an easy fix... Don't stress out.

Silly question, do you have the kick stand up when you put the bike in gear? If so, maybe you also damaged the kick stand switch or wiring, which is shutting the bike down when you put it in gear?

I have a pretty good size double garage with many tools. The weekend is good to get some daylight. The kickstand was up im pretty sure. But I do not know if damaged any other wiring. How can i check that?

Back