I don't know if there is a post of this. But I need your help / opinions... please

Luis

As much as I did a search in the forum, I couldn't find information about what you see in the photos. I may have read it here or on Facebook. I think a thread has already been written about it, and if so please let me know and I'll delete this one. Or, if there is nothing above, I will appreciate your help. What is this that appears on my rear wheel? Anything to worry about? Thanks in advance

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Clean off the area(all the little nooks) and keep a eye on it.Like yours,my situation was worse.

After my 600 mile service I had a real mess and it looked like I had leak.My entire hub was covered and I took it to the dealer.
We cleaned it off and never had anymore issues.
It seems the tech may have spilled a small amount of oil(gear)on the top filler plug.
It really looked like I had a real problem though.The wheel was black and the hub was as well.

Coming back from the dealer... It isn't a fluid or something liquid. Is a kind of dust. I couldn't understand because I don't know about mechanical things, but is a dust coming from the friction of some kind of rubber that is inside that part of the bike. They said nothing to worry about, but.... let see if the "dust" comes again...

Coming back from the dealer... It isn't a fluid or something liquid. Is a kind of dust. I couldn't understand because I don't know about mechanical things, but is a dust coming from the friction of some kind of rubber that is inside that part of the bike. They said nothing to worry about, but.... let see if the "dust" comes again...
Odd ... I would think it takes some 'fluid' for the 'dust' to stick to ... but what do I know 😁 ... I am just glad that it doesn't seem to be anything serious ... and then there is always the warranty!

It's gear oil. I had the same problem four months ago. Took the bike to the shop, waited for almost three weeks for the parts-all kinds of seals and o-rings- to come from Germany and they fixed it.
Fast forward to about a week and a half ago when I took the bike in to have the tires replaced. They found out there are two or three additional leaks that need to be fixed. I got a call yesterday saying that it would take about two weeks for the parts coming from Germany to make it to California. I chose to leave the bike at the dealership for the time being and asked them to let me know when it's ready for pick up. I have a great relationship with the guys in Service and I trust them fully not to give me the run around.
This is the third and last time when there's work to be done. If the bike is not permanently fixed, I will go the Lemon Law way for sure. Just too many problems in a span of one year of ownership.
If I were you I would have the dealership take apart the final drive from the transmission all the way down and make sure they find out what the problem is.

Brake dust and/or road grime may be sticking to some residual fluid from a small spill as described above. A "poor man's" tool for identifying the source of leaks was to thoroughly clean suspect components and then take some baby powder and "puff it" into the nooks and crannies. After a short run and inspection you could see fluid trails exactly like those in your photos. I would give it a good wash rather just wiping it down to ensure any oily residue is removed and then keep an eye on it.

Brake dust and/or road grime may be sticking to some residual fluid from a small spill as described above. A "poor man's" tool for identifying the source of leaks was to thoroughly clean suspect components and then take some baby powder and "puff it" into the nooks and crannies. After a short run and inspection you could see fluid trails exactly like those in your photos. I would give it a good wash rather just wiping it down to ensure any oily residue is removed and then keep an eye on it.
Thanks

^ Great advice!

I had faint stripes on my rear wheel rim and noticed it seemed to be coming from the seal where the drive shaft enters the drive housing. At first I was thinking oh-no, but after wiping it off it never came back.
A temperature change on a new bike can cause an occasional weep. Even without a temp change, I think an oil weep can happen at random due to gremlins.

Back