Is this the reflector I need?

That looks like a winner. I’d recommend reinforcing the backside with epoxy if you are going to replace it —and do the other while you are there. I found one of mine in a storage box. When I checked the other, it fell off in my hand. The shoulder is very thin and very brittle. I’m just going to plug the holes and move on.

Yeah, they are not the most durable bits- at the dealer I saw one that had come off the bag of a classic as well. It wouldn't be as bad, but it looks like something is missing once they come off. If it was smooth underneath you could just put a reflector somewhere else if you wanted one.

I was actually considering removing the reflectors from the front short forks and the side cases on my R18 B; I think it will make the bike look a lot cleaner.. Maybe don't replace the reflector, take it as a sign and remove the remaining reflectors and see how the bike looks... If you decide to do it, post before and after pictures.. :)

Happened to me when I loaded the bag such that the outside surface flexed. It happened very early on and the dealer said that they'd order me one, but they weren't in stock. Come to think of it, that was over a year ago. In the meantime, I crazy-glued the old one on and it's been fine ever since and I just haven't thought about it.

I was actually considering removing the reflectors from the front short forks and the side cases on my R18 B; I think it will make the bike look a lot cleaner.. Maybe don't replace the reflector, take it as a sign and remove the remaining reflectors and see how the bike looks... If you decide to do it, post before and after pictures.. :)
once the jbweld cured I put it back on. I noticed that when you tighten it down you lose a good amount of usable space as it flattens out that back half of the bag. If it comes off again I may just plug he holes with some push fasterners. Not sure if there is a legal requirement for rear side reflectors but I doubt anyone would care.

I pulled my reflectors off day 1, it makes the bike look a lot cleaner.

Old post (yeah, yeah... I know), but in some states, like Maryland, be careful when pulling off reflectors because that's a great way of getting a ticket from a police officer looking for an excuse to give you one.

For example, the front forks require reflectors on both sides for state inspection. I found this out the hard way when I sent wifey's 76' Honda CB500t for inspection the first time around. The bike didn't have fork reflectors from the factory, so I had to improvise and buy a cheap Amazon set to appease the Maryland fuzz.

Just FYI for some of you out there.

Mike

Old post (yeah, yeah... I know), but in some states, like Maryland, be careful when pulling off reflectors because that's a great way of getting a ticket from a police officer looking for an excuse to give you one.

For example, the front forks require reflectors on both sides for state inspection. I found this out the hard way when I sent wifey's 76' Honda CB500t for inspection the first time around. The bike didn't have fork reflectors from the factory, so I had to improvise and buy a cheap Amazon set to appease the Maryland fuzz.

Just FYI for some of you out there.

Mike
Probably worth storing & saving the removed reflectors; if one decides to remove them..

Back