It's been a good run... farewell all

RyBread

Site Supporter
Elite Member
After being a BMW owner for the last 10 years and most recently the R18B. It was time to end the relationship. BMW NA was the stick that broke the camels back. So yesterday I traded in
Olive for a 2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide.

There are some features I'll miss like Reverse(when it worked); ACC (When it worked); remote locking saddlebags(if you can fit your stuff in it); heated seat and grips.

^^ you see where I'm going here lol

Carplay on the Roadglide is awesome. All the above features mentioned, minus ACC and reverse can be installed.

The all new road glide is too new for aftermarket at the moment but pretty used to that with the year and a half I spent with the R18B.

I wish I never traded my K1600gt for the R18b but it was a lesson learned.

Good luck all and ride safe!View attachment IMG_2086.jpeg

I think the problem is that prestige makers such as BMW and H-D don't listen to customer feedback in real time. A small chinese manufacturer would have responded in months and not years to feedback, but these companies are beligerant to the upmost degree.

i.e. Having a wonderful screen and not offering AA or Carplay is just madness, or worse in a way - being able to control music folders on Apple products but not Android!

Will be joining you very soon. Buddy just got one. It’s a dream to ride. Only problem for me is I can’t sell this thing because my headlight is broke with no fix in sight lmao

Moi , j'ai fait le contraire....j'avais une road glide spécial et j'ai pris une TC ... qui pour moi fait tout en mieux et pour moins chère ... avant je roulais en street glide . .. cependant ce sont toutes des supers machines !
la BMW est vraiment bien plus confortable, ce n’est pas apple car play qui le fera changer d’avis . Si j’avais les moyens une road glide dans le garage en plus ,ça ne me dérangerait pas ...

After being a BMW owner for the last 10 years and most recently the R18B. It was time to end the relationship. BMW NA was the stick that broke the camels back. So yesterday I traded in
Olive for a 2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide.

There are some features I'll miss like Reverse(when it worked); ACC (When it worked); remote locking saddlebags(if you can fit your stuff in it); heated seat and grips.

^^ you see where I'm going here lol

Carplay on the Roadglide is awesome. All the above features mentioned, minus ACC and reverse can be installed.

The all new road glide is too new for aftermarket at the moment but pretty used to that with the year and a half I spent with the R18B.

I wish I never traded my K1600gt for the R18b but it was a lesson learned.

Good luck all and ride safe!View attachment 14029
I sold my mint low millage 2014 R9T to the dealer I bought my 2023 R18 anniversary model from. I had no intention of buying another bike but was so taken with the looks of the anniversary model I went for it.
I also have had Harley's, nice ones. As a rule I prefer the smooth precision of the BMWs to Harley's, I've done the whole rough and ready rumble thing.....
I have to say....given the choice to do it over....I might pass on the R18. The looks are fantastic, and I only have 575 miles on mine so no problems, but besides looks the bike does not really excel in any area. Maybe long distance on the freeway which I haven't tried....I don't know....it could also just be depression.....

Will be joining you very soon. Buddy just got one. It’s a dream to ride. Only problem for me is I can’t sell this thing because my headlight is broke with no fix in sight lmao
I was lucky enough to get two replacements... when the second one went I just added my own lights...

I didn't mention the headlight when i traded her in, nor did they ask so 🤷🏻

I sold my mint low millage 2014 R9T to the dealer I bought my 2023 R18 anniversary model from. I had no intention of buying another bike but was so taken with the looks of the anniversary model I went for it.
I also have had Harley's, nice ones. As a rule I prefer the smooth precision of the BMWs to Harley's, I've done the whole rough and ready rumble thing.....
I have to say....given the choice to do it over....I might pass on the R18. The looks are fantastic, and I only have 575 miles on mine so no problems, but besides looks the bike does not really excel in any area. Maybe long distance on the freeway which I haven't tried....I don't know....it could also just be depression.....
Believe it or not the R18b in rock mode vibrated more than the roadglide, the all new M8 117 is not very "harley like" in the rough and shakey sense... which attracted me more towards it.

I probably did 2hrs in the saddle of different RGs in two different dealerships...

On paper the RG wins... but on the butt dyno, i had more torque in the R18b... might be all in my head and maybe because I cant rev higher than 2500rpm for then next 400 miles (break in procedure).... but as of now r18b for power... but the RG wins on comfort

Back