Maintenance Warning

I removed the baffle and packing from my Vance and Hines exhaust on my R18 B. Started the bike and message appeared on the screen that I was overdue for maintenance. I have only 1500 miles on the bike. Could the modification of the exhaust triggered this warning or is it just a coincidence. Does anyone know how to clear this screen message or can that only be done by the dealer? It does go out once i change the screen to one of the other modes.

It comes on by mileage and/or calendar intervals and will also advise service is due soon. I'm guessing it's been a year since it was last serviced or the reminder wasn't reset when it was last done. A worst case scenario is where I have read certain dealers have done a regular service and left the date "as is" as some items due annually are not identical to those on the regular one. This causes the display warning in a short span of time and would incur more costs to the owner that are totally unwarranted by anything other than incompetency-gouging (e.g., brake flush is by calendar and not critical if done a few months +/- to fit in with regular service by mileage).

Regardless, nothing you did caused the warning.

Back