Metal Grips - More Vibrations?

I’ve recently swapped out the stock grips for the BMW metal grips. Because the ends aren’t open, the bar end weights has to be removed.

I’m noticing more vibrations in the bars now, and my fingers are getting numb if I’m covering the clutch or brake, because there’s a lot of vibration in the levers.

Any suggestions as to how best to add some dampening, other than returning the stock grips and end weights?

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpeg
    IMG_2451.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
I am using apes and with apes the weights are a 'must' otherwise your wrists will fall off ... back in the days people packed the ends of their bars with lead to add weight ... maybe that is an option for you.

I did just switch to the Roctane bars from the beach bars. I found the beach bars to be swept too far back, and the angle of the wrist was too turned out.

I have noticed with these higher bars that the vibration seems worse

Yes ... the longer bars get the vibration will increase in my experience ... having always run apes on my bikes that always has been a problem.

Have used Grip Puppies for years and they were one of the 1st things I put in the TC. I found the TC's stock grips too narrow in diameter and the vibration a bit annoying; Grip Puppies fixed those particular issues.

Yes ... the longer bars get the vibration will increase in my experience ... having always run apes on my bikes that always has been a problem.
Wait, Really? I was not aware of this. I was planning on getting apes for mine as I am tall and the stock bars are not very comfortable for me. You have me rethinking my plan. Would the same apply to something like the beach bars?

Wait, Really? I was not aware of this. I was planning on getting apes for mine as I am tall and the stock bars are not very comfortable for me. You have me rethinking my plan. Would the same apply to something like the beach bars?
I got the 'Great Apes' on mine and with the stock weights on it and they are very smooth .. not in idle, they shake quite a bit but as soon as you pick up revs they are super smooth.

I have Beachbars . Have taken the original BMW bar end weights off and replaced with small / lightweight aluminium bar end weights ( aesthetics ) . Also used Pussy grips which increase the diameter of the grips , reduce the vibration and increase comfort. No issues with vibration through hands.

Back