New 2022 R18 TC, Southeast Arizona

Great minds think alike CVLAO. I rode a 2018 red Honda Goldwing. It's gone now I have the 2022 R18TC.
The beemer is better for me.

Good call. I have the same bike and find it to be quite amazing actually. You will discover that it rides smoother as miles accumulate and break-in progresses. Right now I have 2,500 miles on mine and it rides better than ever.

Well, we set another record the other day for high tempatures of heat down here in florida. When I road the R18FE the 100 miles back home the other day I put on a lite weight long shelve shirt with neck watered towel type thing and cloth wetted head under helmet cover. Failed to put on gloves though sadly.

I need to get my 2019 goldwing dct out for a ride when cooler weather. Would have thought wing would be the ‘better’ bike vs a TC, more so with the tweaked dct improvements over the 2019 model year though maybe it is the Tupperware effect :).

Meaning the wing is simply to smooth and does not feel enough like a motorcycle to some.. Enjoy the new ride, the TC is a pretty bike.

Yes, I truly agree that the Goldwing leaves one feeling not-as-one with the bike, kind of like riding a super Vespa on steroids. Unfortunately, the dealer I built the Honda at was only concerned with making money.
Upon riding the Honda to the tail-of-the-dragon last year, I had several issues come up which left me stranded and no support from Honda. Then after my trip back to Arizona and taking the bike in for its 1st service which included an oil change, the very next morning I had a quart of oil on my garage floor from a crushed oil drain plug gasket. Upon further inspection of the underside of the bike, it was covered in fresh oil. I guess I was expecting too much after laying out $31,500.00 for a brand-new bike and actually expecting some level of support from the selling dealer. Thankfully the R18 TC has me back to where I need to be on a real motorcycle with people that truly care about their customers and their concerns about their new motorcycle. Looking forward to not only building my current bike to fit our traveling needs but truly considering building an R18 Classic for around-town riding and doing estimates for my plumbing business. Now if I could only find someone that has room in their garage for my 54' Chevy sedan delivery.

Well that sucks. Sometimes it seems to be a roll of the dice as well as if the bike was up to spec when released. For certain the dealer should have stood behind their work else Honda Corporate. Hope you find happiness with the TC. And no worries about feeling one with the bike when it comes to the R18, we know that engine is there :)

Thanks, really looking forward to being a part of the R18 community. From my recent purchase from Iron Horse, BMW in Tucson, AZ., and their true concern for the customer's needs, I am excited about this new venture!

I think you will like the BMW better. The 2022 R18TC is my 3rd BMW bike. They are put together well. I love the looks and the ride. It’s always fun adding bling.

Yes, I truly agree that the Goldwing leaves one feeling not-as-one with the bike, kind of like riding a super Vespa on steroids. Unfortunately, the dealer I built the Honda at was only concerned with making money.
Upon riding the Honda to the tail-of-the-dragon last year, I had several issues come up which left me stranded and no support from Honda. Then after my trip back to Arizona and taking the bike in for its 1st service which included an oil change, the very next morning I had a quart of oil on my garage floor from a crushed oil drain plug gasket. Upon further inspection of the underside of the bike, it was covered in fresh oil. I guess I was expecting too much after laying out $31,500.00 for a brand-new bike and actually expecting some level of support from the selling dealer. Thankfully the R18 TC has me back to where I need to be on a real motorcycle with people that truly care about their customers and their concerns about their new motorcycle. Looking forward to not only building my current bike to fit our traveling needs but truly considering building an R18 Classic for around-town riding and doing estimates for my plumbing business. Now if I could only find someone that has room in their garage for my 54' Chevy sedan delivery.
Funny reading this; it seems like there is a level of incompetence that is creeping into all aspects of our lives... i.e. This past Sunday my wife's Jeep Cherokee threw the serpentine belt which caused a $h!# ton of damage; wife picked up the Jeep yesterday and I inspected the work once I got home from work...
The attached picture says it all, this is the newly replaced water pump; I was able to back the entire screw out with my finger tips. (Anyone know the torque set point for a 2018 Grand Cherokee V8???)

Attachments

• IMG_20221103_165653085_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20221103_165653085_HDR~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Mind-boggling right, it always amazes me that people can not find the time to just take their time and do the job right. We currently service over 1,200 customers within a 75-mile radius, and we would surely be out of business if we did not treat our customers with the highest level of care that we could provide.

Back