New Bee

buellwinkle

Hello I just got my new Classic this past Saturday.. I love my new bike but when I joined the R18 Forum on Facebook they denied me ???? what a strange thing that is, anyone have any idea why ???? jp

I am really not familiar with this site lets see if I can put in a photo of my new bike, only rode it once on Saturday to get it home from the shop, started snowing that night ! ! ! BMW  Rhinoceros   _ 8830.jpgBMW R18 First Edition  _ 8838.jpg

I am very curious if anyone uses a lift to service their bikes ? I have one I used on my Indian but it lifted the bike by the frame, the weight of the R18 looks like it would be supported by the Engine, I am not sure if that is wise ???? any thoughts on this ????

There's a thread just started on this very subject. I checked on what the dealer uses, from BMW: it's frame-style lift with a model-specific adaptor plate. I was quoted US$550 for it. I haven't yet looked at 3rd party options.

Has anyone got a mechanics manual for this bike ? I would love to see a great one, but for now some simple specs would be nice, valve clearance, Oil changes etc....

None are available for any of the new model BMW's, Motorrad has seen to that. You would need a insider, (BMW tech) to access that info, to my knowledge. Anyone...disagree?

I do recall a video in Russian ( I think), where they performed a valve check, and showed the specs...

Last edited:
Wow, they got me this time around, had I known this, I would have left the bike at the dealer. I love to do my own work, better now to get the clearances off the bike while she is still fresh as a Daisy ! ! !!

I do recall a video in German, where they performed a valve check, and showed the specs...
I would love a link to that ? Please I just found out that BMW no longer offers any technical data on their bikes. I am thinking they want the work themselves and do not think we are smart enough to deny them the big money in service charges.... jp

Back