Newbie intro, R18 TC...

Cu Dubh

Hello all, I may be premature in posting... pick up the new TC next week; would have been this week but the weather here in PA isn't cooperating.
Why the TC:
My wife is no longer comfortable with long distances on the pillion of our R1150GS and so, I've been looking to add a bike. I looked at and rode several: Road Kings, Gold Wings, Vulcans, and what I thought would be my go-to choice: a K1600GTL, in my favorite color. Then I rode the TC, in my second favorite color. I smiled the entire time and was amazed at the handling, the grunt, and the comfort.
Background (if you give a hoot):
I've been riding bikes for 50 years and she and I have been riding for over 40; haven't owned too many bikes as I tend to hang on to my vehicles. Was a member over at AdvRider from around 2004 to around 2019. Then the asshattery became too much, with personality conflicts over-riding motorcycle camaraderie. There are still good people on there, and good forums, so I wish them well.
I lurked here for a while and see some very knowledgeable folk, as well as a (mostly!) welcoming atmosphere. Thank you for this forum and hope to see you on the road.

Thank you for the welcomes. Indeed, cu dubh is black dog in Scots gaelic: it's been my moniker and call-sign for nearly 50 years... ever since I began listening to Led Zeppeliin's music.

Gilles & R2K, thanks for the welcome. I'll post pics as I go and I'll try to keep them interesting. As for now, it's just a plain-jane TC in the matte green, errrr... Manhattan Metallic Matte, so... it's green. 😎
Regards!

Back