no love for r18 front fender extensions...full fender options.

motoring

Dealer says NO one makes an extension for the R18FE front fender. Can someone shoot me a link or two for a full fender replacement and let me know if you are happy with it. Last, how hard is it to put on and do I need to take off the front wheel to do it? I heard one of them has the white pen stripe but not metal flake in the black paint (guess I can live without that).

Picking up the bike first week of October and need to do a 4hr ride back to Indiana. Maybe a full front fender is the way to go to protect the primary and oil cool covers.

If anyone found a different bike brand fender extension that happens to fit an R18FE please share that info if you got it :)
Thank you

Dealer says NO one makes an extension for the R18FE front fender. Can someone shoot me a link or two for a full fender replacement and let me know if you are happy with it. Last, how hard is it to put on and do I need to take off the front wheel to do it? I heard one of them has the white pen stripe but not metal flake in the black paint (guess I can live without that).

Picking up the bike first week of October and need to do a 4hr ride back to Indiana. Maybe a full front fender is the way to go to protect the primary and oil cool covers.

If anyone found a different bike brand fender extension that happens to fit an R18FE please share that info if you got it :)
Thank you
Dude, you're killin' us Smalls! Lol

The R18 does need a front fender extender, unless you are a butterfly and only come out in the sunshine!
Also I live in the U.K. and every April time the county councils insist on applying “top dressing” to the road surfaces, unfortunately I had the misfortune to have to navigate over these roads. Even with going at the mandatory slow road speed of 20 mph, the tiny stones thrown up from the front wheel have marked the primary cover and wont be polished out. An expensive lesson to learn.

I have an r18 FE , and replaced the front fender with TC. Pricey, but looks good. Also had it pinstriped. Next problem: stock wheel looked too small, so replaced with 18" a la classic. Looks great! I hate to go back and price it all, but probably 2-2.5 k. Also, it rides better with fatter tire.

The R18 does need a front fender extender, unless you are a butterfly and only come out in the sunshine!
Also I live in the U.K. and every April time the county councils insist on applying “top dressing” to the road surfaces, unfortunately I had the misfortune to have to navigate over these roads. Even with going at the mandatory slow road speed of 20 mph, the tiny stones thrown up from the front wheel have marked the primary cover and wont be polished out. An expensive lesson to learn.
Yea. Instant gravel rash, on any vehicle TBH and by ‘top dressing’ we actually mean cheapo, nasty, loose, sharp stone chips chucked about everywhere over a wafer thin bitumen layer in a cack handed sloppy way. To use an American term our (English) roads SUCK!! Finding a stretch of properly laid & rollered tarmac is a beautiful thing ……

Reactions: Alf
I have an r18 FE , and replaced the front fender with TC. Pricey, but looks good. Also had it pinstriped. Next problem: stock wheel looked too small, so replaced with 18" a la classic. Looks great! I hate to go back and price it all, but probably 2-2.5 k. Also, it rides better with fatter tire.
Hello!
Did you need any adaptations to fit the TC front fender to your R18 FE?

Back