Portland, Oregon FE owner

Purchased a new First Edition end of August and have been thoroughly enjoying it as much as possible. This is a wonderful motorcycle and look forward to many miles and smiles. This forum has already been a wealth of knowledge and I am excited to see this group grow. Thank you to everyone who has contributed their experience here. A lot a trial and error has gone into much of the content posted here and I truly appreciate the ability to have a trusted source for all things R18.

A little about myself: Born and raised in Portland, Oregon. Lived here my entire life. First “ride” was sitting on the fuel tank of my dads old pull start Rokon two-stroke. A feeling and a smell that has never left me. I started out riding a neighbors Honda Z50. My first street legal motorcycle was a Sportster 1200. The passion just grew from there. I have owned over 50 motorcycles since then and the passion continues. I love almost anything with and engine and wheels. The freedom of getting out and exploring keeps me feeling “alive”. Wish I could ride more than I do but you have to pay for this passion somehow. I enjoy tinkering with motorcycles and do all of my own maintenance outside of warranty. I was really drawn to the R18 first and foremost by its good looks. It just so happened to check all the boxes. Easily maintained and that beautifully executed shaft drive. 🤤 So far I have added a Puig windscreen the factory (SW Motech) saddlebag mounts and some luggage bags. Have been researching seat options and have not decided what to do in that department yet. One thing I know for sure is that I would like to have a more comfortable seat. Hoping the aftermarket will start giving of more options for accessories in the near future.

Take care and ride safe!

Attachments

• 99CD0B06-6B1E-4D84-8E46-A53A60C2CCBD.jpeg
    99CD0B06-6B1E-4D84-8E46-A53A60C2CCBD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • CB5111D7-C1DE-4D7E-A704-208156412B77.jpeg
    CB5111D7-C1DE-4D7E-A704-208156412B77.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 30
  • BDA3A0F8-E7A5-4BB5-9DC0-59094B48BFFD.jpeg
    BDA3A0F8-E7A5-4BB5-9DC0-59094B48BFFD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • A7352D27-F60A-49CE-934E-6EE1D5264F99.jpeg
    A7352D27-F60A-49CE-934E-6EE1D5264F99.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33
  • E3BC8940-A81C-4C60-81C4-961737F424AD.jpeg
    E3BC8940-A81C-4C60-81C4-961737F424AD.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 35
  • D2D310AC-1726-47A1-AF3A-CB6DBE1689A6.jpeg
    D2D310AC-1726-47A1-AF3A-CB6DBE1689A6.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 593FB813-8E9A-4BA5-AD74-338409B92F91.jpeg
    593FB813-8E9A-4BA5-AD74-338409B92F91.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
Sorry to see someone cut off your exhaust when you stopped at a bar for a cold one :)
i have the two piece weeekender seat. Sat on the cross county a guy at my local dealer has and that has got lots of cushion, massive thigh support, and back support. All three more so than the weekender seat but it is gonna look damn big on that bike so it just depends on what’s important to you. Corbin will have a sale again probably for bike week in March 10% off most likely and they make great seats.

I’ve only put 65 miles on my R18fe thus far so I can’t speak too much to the weekender seat but I know it’s a whole lot better than the base that comes on the bike. Then again, the r18 is not my touring bike so a weekender seat will probably work OK for me. I had thought maybe I’ll take the rear seat off now and again, but more likely than not I’ll probably just leave that damn thing on the Back sonce the idea of having a solo seat look has kind of gone out the window. Plus I don’t know it would look that great with a weekender front seat with only the back rest Attached.

it looks as though my rear shock was set in shipping mode. Meaning no rear rebound suspension so I have to adjust tomorrow. I believe that probably willl make me like the weekender seat more :)

Someone said a service bulletin on the drive shat so check with your dealer.

Sorry to see someone cut off your exhaust when you stopped at a bar for a cold one :)
i have the two piece weeekender seat. Sat on the cross county a guy at my local dealer has and that has got lots of cushion, massive thigh support, and back support. All three more so than the weekender seat but it is gonna look damn big on that bike so it just depends on what’s important to you. Corbin will have a sale again probably for bike week in March 10% off most likely and they make great seats.

I’ve only put 65 miles on my R18fe thus far so I can’t speak too much to the weekender seat but I know it’s a whole lot better than the base that comes on the bike. Then again, the r18 is not my touring bike so a weekender seat will probably work OK for me. I had thought maybe I’ll take the rear seat off now and again, but more likely than not I’ll probably just leave that damn thing on the Back sonce the idea of having a solo seat look has kind of gone out the window. Plus I don’t know it would look that great with a weekender front seat with only the back rest Attached.

it looks as though my rear shock was set in shipping mode. Meaning no rear rebound suspension so I have to adjust tomorrow. I believe that probably willl make me like the weekender seat more :)

Someone said a service bulletin on the drive shat so check with your dealer.
Yes on the driveshaft. When my bike was in for the first service they didn’t have any “kits” in stock yet. They said all was well for now and that they would send me a message when they were ready.

For what it is worth 2021FE, I have the Russell Seat and it is about as close to perfect as can be. You might at least give Russell Day-Long a call even though they are backed p 3 months.

Back