Pulling Trigger on R18 C 719 package - Financing Question...

KenJr

Hey Folks!

First post for me. I'm about to pull the trigger on a R18 Classic in 719 trim (Galaxy Dust Metallic). Pretty stoked.

I found an earlier thread with folks talking through their buying/financing experience with the dealers. Here's been my experience and hoping others can shed light on some of this for me.

I'm buying a bike out of state from a dealer. It's a 2022 with 2 miles (literally still in the crate). I won't mention any dealer names and such for obvious reasons.

Dealer Price is $13,995 on a bike that was MSRP at $22,195. So, a $8200 discount from the dealer. At the time I found it last week...it was the lowest priced 2022 R18 C I could find...by a LOT. So, I jumped on it.

The Out the Door price shipped to me (minus Texas sales tax because I opted to pay cash and will pay those when I register the bike here) is $15,968.95. Pretty good deal.

Here's what the dealer has been telling me all along though. Because they discounted the bike $8200 - the BMW 0% financing option (with them paying up to $1000 in payments) is not available.

From the other thread I was reading on this topic - it looked like other folks were getting pretty steep discounts like this from dealers but also getting the financing.

The dealer claims that since this is a 2022 model it's classified as 'pre-owned' and thus the financing offer isn't available, despite reminding them of an email that I received from the first sales rep that responded to me that it was. They were happy to do it for me - but say they'd have to do it on a 2023 model instead despite the fact that the R18 offer I linked above clearly states that it's available for the 2022 models provided I take delivery by 6/30/2023.

Is the dealer full of crap or is this really how this is going down. It's not the end of the world - but would have saved me another $1000 in payments that the BMW would have picked up and I wouldn't be out the $15k in cash - just making payments for a few years on their money.

This dealer has been a bit frustrating to work with - it took 4 different buyer's orders (quotes) from them with all kinds of fees and funny math that I busted them on until I finally just offered to pay cash for the $13995 bike price plus dealer freight and prep + shipping. They are charging me $370 for 'document and admin fees' as well...meh.

Thanks for making it this far - hopefully this helps out some other folks looking at this time too. These BMW dealers are also selling 5-6 other brands in their showroom and given that these R18's aren't exactly flying off the lot it seems to me that the sales folks don't really know what's going on here.

Last edited:
Bottom line will be whether you are happy with the overall price you are paying. There are dealers out there that will try to over complicate things to confuse you and take an extra cut but if you busted them and they have accepted your cash offer then go for it.
Is there another dealership in the vicinity?
Not only to compare prices but also for future services if this one seems like a con artist.
Go with your heart and gut and you should be fine.

Bottom line will be whether you are happy with the overall price you are paying. There are dealers out there that will try to over complicate things to confuse you and take an extra cut but if you busted them and they have accepted your cash offer then go for it.
Is there another dealership in the vicinity?
Not only to compare prices but also for future services if this one seems like a con artist.
Go with your heart and gut and you should be fine.
Thanks. Yes, I do have a local dealer but they don't have a 719 decked out like this one that they are offering for $8k+ off the MSRP. There was a moment where I thought I was done with this dealer and was about to take what they had quoted me on just the bike to them to see what they could do (they did have a 2022 R18C in black but had it listed for $17995). But, I was able to get to a price with this dealer - even including $700 to ship it to me - for under $16k all in for what was a $22k MSRP bike.

I can't get ANYWHERE near that price on a HD Heritage...which was the other bike I was interested in. HD isn't willing to negotiate much at all it seems and their financing is ridiculous at something like 9% for folks with exceptional credit.

Was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience - specifically if they were able to get a 2022 recently using that promo on a bike that the dealer had already heavily discounted much more than the $3000 in the promo.

Im not sure what the "obvious reasons" are for not naming the dealer but I think its obvious what they're doing here.
Well, I just don't want to smear anyone on a public forum. They probably are nice people...and more engaged with folks who are actually coming into the shop...but still. There are some people that they are going to be able to screw...they just don't know what they are doing or have bad credit or whatever....but I'm not one of them. Do you want to sell the damn bike or not? :)

Only thing I did like to ask is was cash mentioned prior to anytime talking about financing?
It sucks that you have to shell out the 15k, but thats still a hell of a deal on a 719.

You already like the price so buy it before someone else does. Dealers have to make money, the bike is already heavily discounted. Don’t over think it. My bike was £6k under list price when I bought it last year, now they are even cheaper (but hopefully go no lower!!). Mine was technically a leftover they wanted to move on, right place right time (for me), I bought straight so didn’t really consider their finance option, but I didn’t want to be on PCP. I wanted to own the bike.

Last edited:
I would ask another dealer about the used bike classification on a 2022, I dont believe that is true and therefore you Would be entitled to the discounts. However, you may have to finance the bike to get them.

Only thing I did like to ask is was cash mentioned prior to anytime talking about financing?
It sucks that you have to shell out the 15k, but thats still a hell of a deal on a 719.
Sure. I mentioned that it didn't really matter...same as I do when I go buy a car. If the financing is good, then I'll do that. Or I'll pay cash...or I'll put $5k on my AMEX and pay cash or finance the rest. I'm sure folks here know the benefits to having exceptional credit and cash available to get the most leverage possible in the negotiation.

It is what it is - I was hoping that it would be a pretty straightforward transaction but they typically aren't in a huge hurry to respond and again, we've gone back forth several times with them throwing random fees or just moving the $$ around to pad the out the door price.

Like I said though, I was able to finally get them to a rock bottom price. It's the discounted price of the bike + dealer prep and freight and then the cost of shipping the bike to me. I'll cover taxes when I register it here which will be another $800 or so.

I'm actually thinking about heading over to the dealer here in town to scope out what they have and perhaps even bring a copy of the buyers order the other dealer provided to me (with the specific dealer information blotted out) and see what they think. I'm also interested to hear about their service department and wait times. I've read a couple online reviews from folks saying that there's a shortage of BMW mechanics and that service is backed up several months at this point on BMW's. I live in Austin, TX which isn't a small city and there's only one authorized dealer in town and they also sell about 6 other brands + recreational vehicles and such so I'd imagine their service department stays pretty busy.

Back