Questions regarding '22 TC

CaptJim

Site Supporter
The windscreen is a little short and I am getting wind noise over the top of my helmet. If I lower my body 2" or so it goes away. How can Increase the height of the windscreen? Do they have any clip on extenders for this model?

Also did anybody put a rider backrest on a TC? If so what does it look like? Who makes it?

Mirrors not bad but I wish they were a little bit larger. Any upgrade ideas

Utopia makes an Adjustable Back rest that attaches under the seat where the Grab strap comes through. Well worth it. Can't help on the Short windscreen though, I think mine is too tall (OEM) and am still contemplating pulling the trigger on about a 2 inch shorter one for me. I hate looking through the windshield, much rather look over it :)

I think mine is stock too. No idea how tall are you but I am 6’1” and I wish mine 1.5”- 2” higher than where it is now. I would still be able to see over it. Maybe we should measure ours and swap them! 😉
I will check with the Utopia backrest. Also how about highway pegs?

I think mine is stock too. No idea how tall are you but I am 6’1” and I wish mine 1.5”- 2” higher than where it is now. I would still be able to see over it. Maybe we should measure ours and swap them! 😉
I will check with the Utopia backrest. Also how about highway pegs?
You can look at 7jurock.com for a windscreen, they make a taller screen. One of their screen shots shows the different measurements. Measuring from the bottom center to the top the Stock windscreen on the TC is 22" the B model is 18" but lays a bit lower on the bike. Highway pegs? this bike uses leg rests, Wunderlich has a set they sell and then the stock accessory leg rests mount to the crashbars, you can also rest your legs on the cylinders directly, they stay pretty cool, cause they are out in the wind stream. I have the factory leg rests, They raise your legs a little higher, than highway pegs, which makes me want to lean back, and leaves me hangin on to the handlebars! LOL which is why I got the backrest! LOL. I did buy a corbin seat with a back rest which was ok, except the back rest was fairly rigid. I had a Utopia back rest from my GTL, and recently found someone here had used the Utopia back rest. Called and got the Bracket for 95.00 + the "big guy's" cut! (sales tax) LOL. Just pulled the corbin seat and reinstalled factory seat. I have the 9 x12 back rest.

Attached is the Wunderlich clip on deflector; one of the forum members was selling it for $100.

Screenshot_20230626-062503.png

Back