R18 Accessories Huge Price Increases

Scott Semone

Is it me, or has the OEM R18 accessories jumped drastically in price; I'm seeing a 50% - 56% price increase?

Earlier in the week, folks have stated a significant jump in the price of the Vance & Hines exhaust system; I've been eyeing 👀 the Roland Sands Design mirrors and a 719 Option Model B seat, and both have more than doubled recently... I had a hard time shucking out those clams at the original retail price, now those parts are in a totally different solar system price-wise...

What's going on...? Has production slowed and there's less accessories available..?

Screenshot_20240106-174851.png

Is it me, or has the OEM R18 accessories jumped drastically in price; I'm seeing a 50% - 56% price increase?

Earlier in the week, folks have stated a significant jump in the price of the Vance & Hines exhaust system; I've been eyeing 👀 the Roland Sands Design mirrors and a 719 Option Model B seat, and both have more than doubled recently... I had a hard time shucking out those clams at the original retail price, now those parts are in a totally different solar system price-wise...

What's going on...? Has production slowed and there's less accessories available..?

View attachment 12766
Probably setting themselves up for future sale pricing.

Wow!!! Glad I got most of my RSD parts already. Still need my expansion tank covers, I guess I will get caught by the price hike on those pieces.

Wow, on those mirrors. Was holding out for another 25% off sale the ~$250 retail. Totally off the table altogether now.

And good thing I grabbed that seat when I did. Insane how big a jump we’re seeing.

Does this mean that the stock exhaust that I pulled off of my Model B, during my Jekyll & Hyde upgrade is now worth $10k..?
I was getting nervous about seeing a universal hike, but from what I’ve reviewed, it looks like it’s largely accessory parts that got jacked up. Parts that came on the bike seem steady.

Hard to have a flourishing aftermarket if most of us are priced out.

I could be wrong but seems like it is only the RSD parts from BMW shops. Does not look like the parts went up on RSD website, but I cannot find the R18 parts on their site either :(

I could be wrong but seems like it is only the RSD parts from BMW shops. Does not look like the parts went up on RSD website, but I cannot find the R18 parts on their site either :(
RSD contracts with manufacturers to design and build accessories. Under that contract they cannot compete with their own products.
So if you want the RSD items you need to buy from a BMW dealer.

I was getting nervous about seeing a universal hike, but from what I’ve reviewed, it looks like it’s largely accessory parts that got jacked up. Parts that came on the bike seem steady.

Hard to have a flourishing aftermarket if most of us are priced out.
What I'm learning is that, when it comes to the R18, flourishing is not a word I would use

RSD contracts with manufacturers to design and build accessories. Under that contract they cannot compete with their own products.
So if you want the RSD items you need to buy from a BMW dealer.
Yeah, the RSD R18 parts have to come from BMW. And the increase hit some of the BMW accessory seats, the Vance and Hines pipes, the RSD gear, the black brake and clutch levers, and I’m sure plenty other bits. I could see a few percent being a thing, but some stuff is near double the price now.

Yeah, the RSD R18 parts have to come from BMW. And the increase hit some of the BMW accessory seats, the Vance and Hines pipes, the RSD gear, the black brake and clutch levers, and I’m sure plenty other bits. I could see a few percent being a thing, but some stuff is near double the price now.
Yeah the black brake and clutch levers (well 2 pair of them atleast) are RSD, I had just purchased mine right before the price hike 😅

Last edited:

View attachment 12766
I saw the 719 for $499 on BMW Sierra over Christmas. I went online today nearly $800?!

Back