R18 B in Dallas

WaydeG

I know folks are looking for deals and demos are getting scarce. There is a 2021 B in Dallas at European Cycles in Plano listed at 19,999 (under $20k).If this isn't allowed because of the dealer thing, just remove. I get emails from them on sale items and this popped up. Great deal on the Bagger version.

The under $20K price for an R18B is a major bargain. The sound system and diagnostics on the R18B and R18 TR are the best ever. I have never had a jog wheel before. Once I got used to it I can navigate the entire 10" screen in seconds.

If you want a sport bike dont buy the R18B. It is a quasi tour bike deluxe.

I emailed them because a B for the price of a C seemed like worth an inquiry and it's the color I want. A few things.

1. I live in a tax-free state but they'd still charge me $700 in fees as required by Texas law and that check would go to NH and likely make my first year registration nearly free which I have done before. Sometimes a dealer won't charge any tax but sometimes they do..my truck was $73K and I had no fees but a HUGE bill at the town office even though I bought the truck in Louisiana. some dealers work with me, some don't
2. Texas requires in person wet ink to paper and ID verification so I have to fly & ride and can't sign digitally and arrange shipping. It's an 1800 mile ride home
3. This is a "Premium Lighting bike" which means it does not have automatic cruise control. It has everything else BUT that feature.
4. It is a demo but it's basically $8K off MSRP which is great and .9% interest.

I told them to send me a build sheet and bill of sale estimate with the taxes and I'll call them next week. I'm working with 4 other dealers so this one probably won't happen.

Fwiw, I bought two r18 classics and a triumph bobber for my wife from Bmw Plano. The sales manager there, Cliff Couch, is absolutely fantastic to work with….and I’ve seen the B you’re thinking about and it is a beauty in its simplicity without all of the fancy optional “studf” attached

Back