R18 Bagger headlight reflector vibrating when accelerating.

After several calls to corporate with no help and a call to the Division of Consumer Affairs. Miraculously the bike is fixed. Will update when I receive her.

Reflector came lose on my 2023 B a couple days ago and twisted about 45 degrees so the beam is no longer parallel to 5he ground. It’s an adaptive one. Has anyone opened it up to see if it can be put back in place? 4,800 miles.

Reflector came lose on my 2023 B a couple days ago and twisted about 45 degrees so the beam is no longer parallel to 5he ground. It’s an adaptive one. Has anyone opened it up to see if it can be put back in place? 4,800 miles.
If you’re in the US, there’s an open recall on the adaptive headlight. There’s no remedy yet, however.

I haven’t read of anyone here being able to open the light to adjust anything, so not sure that’s even feasible.

It's sealed dont open it or you void whatever warranty there is. I was told to "ride with your highbeams on" theres no fix... I'm on my second replacement... and they wont replace it again until the "fix"

It's sealed dont open it or you void whatever warranty there is. I was told to "ride with your highbeams on" theres no fix... I'm on my second replacement... and they wont replace it again until the "fix"
Agreed... It's sealed up pretty tight, there's like a billion wires leading out of it.. let the dealership order you a new one, and or at least get the warranty paperwork going..

Agreed... It's sealed up pretty tight, there's like a billion wires leading out of it.. let the dealership order you a new one, and or at least get the warranty paperwork going..
I’m hearing dealerships can’t even warranty the lights right now because they’d be replacing the faulty one with a part already under recall. Right fucked for a while for anyone with a bum light.

I’m hearing dealerships can’t even warranty the lights right now because they’d be replacing the faulty one with a part already under recall. Right fucked for a while for anyone with a bum light.
About a year ago, I was looking at getting a R18 Bagger, but this was already coming up as an issue. Following the results people were getting all of 2023, for a $3300 head light that keeps on breaking... with no new part number, I decided I didn't want to deal with this potential headache on a R18 Bagger and looked instead at a R1250 GS. Now the R1250's is having problems with the cardigan joints on their drive shafts. It gets a bit frustrating, that German Engineering.

Back