R18 Bagger Running Lights/Spotlights for the Forward Crash Bars?

Hi everyone, am based in Germany and have had my R18 Bagger for two years now. Have installed a back-rest, crash-bars front and back, luggage rack and the screen from the Transcontinental. I'm missing only one thing, Running-Lights for the front crash-bars. BMW don't supply anything, Wunderlich has pictures of R18s with such lights on it's website, they are however not for sale. Any ideas anyone. Thanks, Robert

Hi everyone, am based in Germany and have had my R18 Bagger for two years now. Have installed a back-rest, crash-bars front and back, luggage rack and the screen from the Transcontinental. I'm missing only one thing, Running-Lights for the front crash-bars. BMW don't supply anything, Wunderlich has pictures of R18s with such lights on it's website, they are however not for sale. Any ideas anyone. Thanks, Robert
Have you considered installing the Auxiliary Lights/Bracket and Directionals that are on the Transcontinental model?

I have a 2023 R18 Bagger and just installed the lights last night. All the wiring is right there under the front windshield. The only issue I had is that I ordered the wiring harness for the TC and had to swap out both connections to connect to the new turn indicators, not sure if I ordered the wrong harness or what

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3070.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3071.jpg
    IMG_3071.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3072.jpg
    IMG_3072.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3073.jpg
    IMG_3073.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
I have a 2023 R18 Bagger and just installed the lights last night. All the wiring is right there under the front windshield. The only issue I had is that I ordered the wiring harness for the TC and had to swap out both connections to connect to the new turn indicators, not sure if I ordered the wrong harness or what
Hi, what did you do with the original blinkers attached to the front forks? Did you just block off the holes? Thanks

Nothing yet, I have ordered the TC caps and will have BMW swap them when I take it in for the first servicing and swap of the breast plate.
I had added the TC Auxiliary Lights to my Model B a while back; I had cut away the Model B Directional Mounting Caps that attach to the cosmetic fork/shock covers using a pair of snips and discarded them in the garbage.

I then took the TC Caps and mounted them onto a piece of wood via the existing torx screw mounting holes, in order to keep it steady while I cut it; I then took a very fine Dremel cutting wheel and cut the TC Caps in an area that would be hidden from sight when mounted back on the bike's shock.

The plastic Cap's material is extremely malleable, which will allow you to snap them around the shock without cracking the Cap; this will save you from having to take the entire triple tree apart for the cosmetic caps to be installed. The Caps secure the shock metal sleeves without any issues when cut.

Screenshot_20231208-043604.png

Screenshot_20231208-043645.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had added the TC Auxiliary Lights to my Model B a while back; I had cut away the Model B Directional Mounting Caps that attach to the cosmetic fork/shock covers using a pair of snips and discarded them in the garbage.

I then took the TC Caps and mounted them onto a piece of wood via the existing torx screw mounting holes, in order to keep it steady while I cut it; I then took a very fine Dremel cutting wheel and cut the TC Caps in an area that would be hidden from sight when mounted back on the bike's shock.

The plastic Cap's material is extremely malleable, which will allow you to snap them around the shock without cracking the Cap; this will save you from having to take the entire triple tree apart for the cosmetic caps to be installed. The Caps secure the shock metal sleeves without any issues when cut.
`
Yes I saw your post on this. Your solution is the one I was looking to do since I have no plans on taking apart the front suspension. Since it will be at BMW to get its servicing, breast plate exchanged, clutch and brake assembly replaced, I might as well add that to the list.

Yes I saw your post on this. Your solution is the one I was looking to do since I have no plans on taking apart the front suspension. Since it will be at BMW to get its servicing, breast plate exchanged, clutch and brake assembly replaced, I might as well add that to the list.
I may dive back into the guts of my fairing and try testing the pigtail for power via the existing Switch; at the very least, I can keep my original design in place with the push button switch in the dash and let the illuminating ring be my Auxiliary Light indicator when using the unmarked Mode Switch.

I was asking my BMW shop if I could replace the warranty headlamp myself, with no such luck; I would have used that opportunity to investigate the use of the existing wiring/switch functionality.

I may dive back into the guts of my fairing and try testing the pigtail for power via the existing Switch; at the very least, I can keep my original design in place with the push button switch in the dash and let the illuminating ring be my Auxiliary Light indicator when using the unmarked Mode Switch.

I was asking my BMW shop if I could replace the warranty headlamp myself, with no such luck; I would have used that opportunity to investigate the use of the existing wiring/switch functionality.
Warranty work on the headlight?? What does that entail, and which year models are affected? I am finding a lot of parts and updates I am doing to my bagger do not fit or work the same as the other R18's.

Warranty work on the headlight?? What does that entail, and which year models are affected? I am finding a lot of parts and updates I am doing to my bagger do not fit or work the same as the other R18's.
Adaptive Headlights seem to be failing prematurely...

OK, something I need to look into

See the Adaptive Headlight thread

Back