R18 Classic windshield removal ?

BTW,
I added 2 bolts to the holes in the windshield frame levers for some added security.

Regards,Tom

I have a rattle/vibration in the front of my bike and I think the lower mounts are the source of it. I plan to remove the windshield and ride for a day or two and see if it goes away. Wind protection can't be much worse without the windshield than with it. . . . . .LOLOL ! ! ! I love this bike, but this is absolutely the lamest wind protection I have ever experienced on a BMW. And I've had well over a dozen - everything from a 1959 R50/2 to a 2018 K1600 GTL, all but one had fairings and or windscreens of some type.

I have a rattle/vibration in the front of my bike and I think the lower mounts are the source of it. I plan to remove the windshield and ride for a day or two and see if it goes away. Wind protection can't be much worse without the windshield than with it. . . . . .LOLOL ! ! ! I love this bike, but this is absolutely the lamest wind protection I have ever experienced on a BMW. And I've had well over a dozen - everything from a 1959 R50/2 to a 2018 K1600 GTL, all but one had fairings and or windscreens of some type.
I had a rattle.

It was the locking lever on 1 side(can't remember which side).I got 2 bolts(w/nuts & washers) that fit into the factory holes to add a security screw.Then I had torqued the right side of the windshield,where it goes into the top of the fork.Rattle Gone!

Regards,Tom

I had a rattle.

It was the locking lever on 1 side(can't remember which side).I got 2 bolts(w/nuts & washers) that fit into the factory holes to add a security screw.Then I had torqued the right side of the windshield,where it goes into the top of the fork.Rattle Gone!

Regards,Tom
Thanks Tom. Sounds like I may be on the right track !

here ya go,9348 is the outside right
9350 is the inside left

Regards,Tom

Attachments

• IMG_9348.JPG
    IMG_9348.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9350.JPG
    IMG_9350.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9352.JPG
    IMG_9352.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Thanks Tom. Sounds like I may be on the right track !
Yeah,LOL!
Next time start the thread with a rattle if it is a rattle.Funny,I scratched my A$$ hunting for this and remenbered Indian Vintage had a similar issue & they had security bolts.Rattle gone.
Lastly.I tapped around the windshield frame with the soft end of a screw driver to find the culprit.The bolts really help..

Regards,Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back