R18 Cross Country Seat backrest

vankiz

Hi I have 2022 R18 with the massive cross country seat from bmw (mustang made) and I want to install some kind of sissy bar or passenger back rest , not the rider one.

Any options or recommendations? The passenger seat is so fat so i just dont want to buy a low option that wont fit

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
Wonderlich has a passenger backrest/luggage rack. It is not cheap, but their stuff is really nice. I got their pinion rack and tank racks. You'd
have to add your model into there page to verify it would work. Looks like you have the same pinion seat as my 2023 R 18 classic.

I bought a backrest off of ebay. Pretty sure it is made of solid Chinesium. Had to slightly bend it....had to wident it maybe 1/2" for it to fit over the fender without the risk of damaging paint. It didnt come with hardware so I had to pick up 4 stainless bolts...as well as a couple plastic and metal washers. I think I spent less than 90 dollars.

Build quality seems OK and the welds aren't horrible. If the cheap metal it is made from rusts from the inside out, it's wont be doing any damage to the bike.

Attachments

• 20230902_194937.jpg
    20230902_194937.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back