R18 hit while parked

So I ended up turning into my insurance as an uninsured driver claim and they agreed with the estimate from the dealer within a few bucks. Still waiting on the check from them, but went ahead and ordered new mirrors, levers and bar ends and swapped those in today. I am impressed with how this bike is engineered and put together. In the lever assemblies they came apart easily and everything that should have been greased was, a real improvement on Harleys I have worked on. Everything went back on without any issue.

As well, pulling the muffler was probably the easiest muffler I have ever removed on a cruiser. Normally they involved a lot of tugging, wiggling and cursing to get stock mufflers off. It made for a really easy job.

Waiting on the insurance check so I don't load up my credit card to order the more expensive parts, and trying to figure out if I should replace my original fishtail muffler (at $1,650 for one!) or going with a different type of exhaust. But man, this bike is really well put together. Nothing at all has been a pain to replace so far, it's been really nice.

Back