Reverse Light R18 TC

Hi Folks

So I was out for my first night run on my new TC. I was reversing into my driveway and realised it was darker than I hoped and difficult to see the kerb. Has anyone seen a white reverse light kit for the R18? I am looking at doing something myself with a handlebar mounted radio switch (just to wire into the rear light). Any thoughts ?

I have not heard of anything like that, but if you are looking to do it with a switch, the electrical diagram is fairly easy:
dr-29AE2MikLhhMYqFrTXCk-UHXFe01rqKZFM6xtvdbRdiUTaXq6JXVBm5SOkIFNyWUXa_q0uTuDIe7xm4Iu1TjsXVE3IBTECVfObtVdNocRFJ1StaPDFHqItyQs_lDkGzEDLPXl

Pretty sure you'll be able to find a set with a led light/strip + switch + fuse + wiring.

I have not heard of anything like that, but if you are looking to do it with a switch, the electrical diagram is fairly easy:
dr-29AE2MikLhhMYqFrTXCk-UHXFe01rqKZFM6xtvdbRdiUTaXq6JXVBm5SOkIFNyWUXa_q0uTuDIe7xm4Iu1TjsXVE3IBTECVfObtVdNocRFJ1StaPDFHqItyQs_lDkGzEDLPXl

Pretty sure you'll be able to find a set with a led light/strip + switch + fuse + wiring.
Thanks TMAS, I was thinking of going slightly differently to cut down on wires running around the bike.

So I am assuming a light load LED (wondering if I could mount leds on the sides or bottom of UK number plate to not drill the Bike)

Then the plan would be to power from the back light (assuming the canbus won't throw a wobbly but advice appreciated).

And use a radio controlled switch between the led and back light (car alarm type) with the control fob either on tje bars, in the storage compartment or beside the reverse lever. This assumes the canbus can power the led and switch module without issue not sure about this.

If the canbus gives me the problem I would do exactly as you suggest and take straight from the battery and put a physical switch down near the reverse lever.

The other option would be to chop into the accessory socket wiring which would hopefully avoid the need for a fuse (worried about water-related fail points)

Any thoughts are welcome 👍

Back